Miles make you smile...

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by MyTravels, Apr 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting e-mail from US:

Miles make you smile...
    ...And they get you where you want to be

We know you love award travel...and we love seeing you happy! So, we added 1,000 bonus miles to your account.* We hope these miles get you a little closer to your next award trip. Keep flying and using Dividend Miles partners and you’ll be on your way in no time!
    *Terms & conditions: 1,000 bonus miles do not count toward Preferred status.

..I burned my US miles about 3 years ago (had like 20 left in the account and let them expire). Not sure if this is targeted retention (a little late for that) or across the board.

savydog and jbcarioca like this.
  2. tarheelblue
    Original Member

tarheelblue Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got the email, wife did not, and I have only a few more miles in my account than you. Oh, and the 1,000 miles have not posted. Anyone else?

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. Mike1625
    Original Member

Mike1625 Silver Member

Status Points:
    got 30k in my account, I earn very slowly, never had status, got the email, and miles have not posted, as a reference point. I live in Tampa, FL ... just in case geography is a factor, let me know if anyone wants any other data points.

4. richinaz
    Original Member

richinaz Silver Member

Status Points:
    I also got them but I flew US Airways often last year so I had quite a few miles but never mind free miles. :D Forgot to mention that they haven't posted yet.

5. scoow
    Original Member

scoow Silver Member

Status Points:
    I also got the email. Seldom fly US and only have a few thousand (lifetime) miles. But I would happily accept an extra 1,000. So far, the miles have not posted.

jbcarioca likes this.
  6. ArizonaGuy
    Original Member

ArizonaGuy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nobody's said they've received them yet after checking here and FT. Nice. Just once I'd like to see a promotion, targeted or not, go without a flaw.

jbcarioca likes this.
  7. RedM3Pilot
    Original Member

RedM3Pilot Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just got the e-mail...and it was titled "They're waiting in your account"

Nope...not yet.

jbcarioca likes this.
  8. violist
    Original Member

violist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nother data point. Got the e-mail; didn't get the miles. Not holding my breath, but I'll expect them sooner or later.

jbcarioca likes this.
  9. ArizonaGuy
    Original Member

ArizonaGuy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not that it will do any good but in a new email to customer service I've politely vented my frustration with yet another promo done half-arsed, referring to this 1000 miles we've all allegedly been told about. And I complained again about the poorly managed website (most recent failure is the share miles bonus terms which end 5/15 but the landing page says 5/31).

And if it does involve Epsilon, then shame on US for not warning customers like so many other corporations already have done. Do note that this email does NOT contain your name or you Dividend Miles # like any previous email. Though the links all appear genuine as far as I can tell which confounds me.

I expect nothing of use to come from it since the current website design has never fully worked in Firefox (doesn't properly show preferred and bonus check marks in account balances, for one) and it took many months for the Envoy availability calendar to work again.

jbcarioca likes this.
  10. unroadwarrior
    Original Member

unroadwarrior Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yep, same here. Got email. No miles. For your reference, I have over 160k miles on US, but have not earned miles in the account by way of flying in at least one year.

11. ArizonaGuy
    Original Member

ArizonaGuy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can we add a poll to this thread? Ask if you got the email, are you also a Barclays / Dividend Miles Mastercard holder?

jbcarioca likes this.
  12. RedM3Pilot
    Original Member

RedM3Pilot Gold Member

Status Points:
    Fortunately, it doesn't. I looked at the mail headers and it came from myusairways.com directly which is legit.

WHOIS information for myusairways.com :

[Querying whois.verisign-grs.com] [Redirected to whois.corporatedomains.com] [Querying whois.corporatedomains.com] [whois.corporatedomains.com] Corporation Service Company(c) (CSC) The Trusted Partner of More than 50% of the 100 Best Global Brands. Contact us to learn more about our enterprise solutions for Global Domain Name Registration and Management, Trademark Research and Watching, Brand, Logo and Auction Monitoring, as well SSL Certificate Services and DNS Hosting. Registrant: US Airways US Airways 4000 E. Sky Harbor Blvd RWE-PPA / McFarlane Phoenix, AZ 85034 US Email: network.planning@usairways.com Registrar Name....: CORPORATE DOMAINS, INC. Registrar Whois...: whois.corporatedomains.com Registrar Homepage: www.cscprotectsbrands.com Domain Name: myusairways.com Created on..............: Thu, May 08, 2003 Expires on..............: Tue, May 08, 2012 Record last updated on..: Tue, Aug 03, 2010

13. ArizonaGuy
    Original Member

ArizonaGuy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree, all evidence suggests Epsilon has nothing to do with this. But this is still confounding. I too inspected the headers and the route the email took. I inspected the links and as far as I can tell everything looks fully legit. Maybe they are giving targeted people 1000 miles just because - stranger things have happened - and it's entirely believable to expect a US Airways promotion to jump the gun, not be fully prepared/vetted or flat out fail at least initially if history is any judge.

It's just the timing of this with the Epsilon mess combined with emails missing our names and DM #'s which conflicts with all previous emails of the last year that raises suspicion.

jbcarioca and RedM3Pilot like this.
  14. RedM3Pilot
    Original Member

RedM3Pilot Gold Member

Status Points:
    And that is indeed a valid point.

Let's hope that we all get our 1,000 "just because" miles in the next few days.

jbcarioca likes this.
  15. ArizonaGuy
    Original Member

ArizonaGuy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Further point Epsilon not involved: My wife and mom both received the email in the past half hour and neither have, nor have they ever had a US Airways Mastercard nor any Barclays card for that matter.

RedM3Pilot and jbcarioca like this.
  16. NewGamePlus
    Original Member

NewGamePlus Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just received a similar email, and I've not ever had an affiliated card.

savydog, RedM3Pilot and jbcarioca like this.
  17. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Received the email last night, no miles.......leave it to US to bungle the simplest things.

Oh and I might add that Hilton stays from January doubledipped to US have not posted yet either.

jbcarioca likes this.
  18. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Neither Mrs. jbcarioca (Silver) nor I (CP) have received anything at all. It seems they must screen Elites from the offer, maybe.

savydog and RedM3Pilot like this.
  19. ahow628
    Original Member

ahow628 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I signed up for US 1.5 months ago, have earned a grand total of 16 miles with US from some promo, I got the email, and have not received any miles.

20. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I received these too. Have barclays card, gold status, & ~150k US DM. I'd like to think that US just did this out of the goodness of their hearts, but with the Epsilon breach, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a hoax.

21. Len Williams
    Original Member

Len Williams Silver Member

Status Points:
    I recieved this email too. I only have a little over 10k miles in my account.

savydog, jbcarioca and RedM3Pilot like this.
  22. mikeschu
    Original Member

mikeschu Gold Member

Status Points:
    I signed up for DM a couple of months ago, zero miles in the account, no debit/credit card, and I received the e-mail. Last time I flew US was actually pre-merger America West. We'll see if they honor it, but I am not expecting the points for a couple of weeks if they show up.

savydog, jbcarioca and RedM3Pilot like this.
  23. JayBrian
    Original Member

JayBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have not received the email. I flew once in late 2010. Have no status or credit card.

jbcarioca likes this.
  24. RedM3Pilot
    Original Member

RedM3Pilot Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm Gold and I got the e-mail.

jbcarioca likes this.
  25. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh, they must not like us:(