Miles listed on Flight Schedule pdf Vs Miles credited on Skymiles ?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by anileze, Dec 14, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why are miles credited in one's Skymiles Account less than miles listed in the downloadable pdf of Flight Schedule/Timetable ?

Here are listing from Delta, United and AA and finally what DL put in my account :eek::(

dlflight.png

nycgruua.png

jfkgruaa.png

and finally MQM posted by DL :(

mqmjfkgru.jpg

The discrepancy is not just in JFK-GRU but across the board as far as DL timetable and SM Account is concerned. And always Account Activity short changes you by few miles, but they do add up !

Why ?

2. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Flyer1976 and anileze like this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    AA, UA, and to some extent great circle are irrelevant but DL should be consistent with the information it publishes and grant miles in accordance with what DL states as the distances.

However, DL and most airlines give nonstop distance for direct flights.

anileze likes this.
  4. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't disagree.

But it would seem they should update their timetable to the "true" value rather than updating the earning to the timetable value.

Sent from a place using a fruit thing.

5. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have checked with many of my flights, and the discrepancy between the published (in the flight schedule) and actual credited has been noted in many of the flights.

6. stnsfld

stnsfld New Member

Status Points:
    Even the distances shown in the flight descriptions in the flight availability searches are often different from the miles credited after the flight. Not big differences, but you'd think there would be a "standard" distance between airports.

7. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Much though I would love to say that this is mejor en su clase, for once, it is not. These discrepancies are surely disreputable and customary, but not only for DL.

For instance, CO used to award 1415 miles from IAH-EWR or v.v. After the UA merge this sector - obviously, one flown with considerable frequency by many upper-level elites in the UA system - downgauged to 1400 with no explanation. That wasn't the only downgauge - CO used to reposition widebodies between Lat Am and EU runs and 772 and 762/4 could be found, more than once daily. Easy EUA into BF cabins. Now, you're lucky to find a 738 and sometimes even 319. Impossible UG without instruments.