Miles expire in April and live in India

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by Satish Talim, Feb 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. My BA miles expire in April 2011 and I live in India. I won't be flying anywhere soon. What all can I do to prevent my miles from expiring?

2. Satish, any sort of activity on your account will prevent them from expiring for another 36 months. By far the easiest option is to buy some miles. An alternative would be to credit a flight, hotel or car hire to your BAEC account.

Satish Talim likes this.
  3. Freddie Listo
    Original Member

Freddie Listo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Satish: I'm not certain, but if you are able to transact business with any of these entities and are registered with your BAEC number, you should be able to keep your miles alive. Can anyone else here confirm? Best of luck in keeping your miles alive!

4. I have my doubts if I can transact with any of the entities you mention. For example, e-Rewards is by invite only [​IMG]

5. Freddie Listo
    Original Member

Freddie Listo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Satish Talim likes this.
  6. TuxTraveller
    Original Member

TuxTraveller Silver Member

Status Points:
    Satish I would go with the suggestion to buy some miles (just go for the minimum 1000) that should prevent your existing miles from expiring and you get another 1000. The transaction will hit immediately, no risk of the partner failing to post the miles etc.

Satish Talim likes this.
  7. euromannn
    Original Member

euromannn Gold Member

Status Points:
    $1 purchase will be activity on account and I hope will reset account 18 month criteria.
    Can someone confirm? I must add points or do some activity by January to maintain my BA Executive account.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  8. euromannn
    Original Member

euromannn Gold Member

Status Points:
    BA estore doesn't seem to exist.

I went to the web site--->Flight and Holidays--->Shopping with BA---->BA Estore....and said it can't find the page.
    Wish to download iTunes to reset my expiration date on AVios points.

9. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    Try resetting the website country to the UK. That route ought then to get you to the eStore page - although the eStore has now been renamed Gate 365.

Once you have some activity on your account, the validity will then be extended by three years (not 18 months).

10. EZEIZA
    Original Member

EZEIZA Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd go for the easiest method and just buy some Avios. They aren't cheap but if your account balance is substantial then it's money well spent in order to keep them active for another three years. You also don't have the worry of them posting.