Miles Credit For Partner Flights

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by sembach, May 16, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. sembach

sembach Active Member

Status Points:
    I am UA 1K. If I fly business class on Asiana or Thai Air, will I receive the same award miles as if I flew on a UA flight? Also, will these miles count toward my making 1K status again in 2014?

2. ChrisUNC

ChrisUNC Silver Member

Status Points:
    The short answer is YES. The amount of miles you accumulate depends on the class of service and fare class of your ticket. Check out the following links for details:
    Click Here for Asiana
    Click Here for Thai

sembach and Wandering Aramean like this.
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    No and yes. You will receive credit based on the fare class paid per the charts on the UA website (Mileage Plus | Earn Miles | Airline Partners). They will earn at lower rates than flying on UA metal in premium cabins. And you will not earn the 100% RDM bonus for being a 1K on those flights.

Also, if you are a US-based member and need to worry about PQDs note that you will not earn for those flights unless it is issued by UA and that's not going to be easy in most cases.

sembach and ChrisUNC like this.
  4. ChrisUNC

ChrisUNC Silver Member

Status Points:
    Much more thorough than my answer :)

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  5. sembach

sembach Active Member

Status Points:
    thanks for the feedback. Still seems attractive given that UA business tickets are almost $4K more. But i want to keep1K status and not sure of how many trips i will have on UA later this year.

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    But you got the links; I was having trouble loading them up from my phone. :oops:

7. Steve GadFly
    Original Member

Steve GadFly Gold Member

Status Points:
    Also, keep in mind that PQM earned on partner flights (except Copa) do not count towards MM status.

sembach likes this.
  8. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Tip: Search for award flights. UA will often show you partner flights for award searches that will not show up on revenue searches. When you get to the page where you review your itinerary, you will see (usually) two options above your flight schedule.

On the left, they almost always show an option to buy this ticket in Economy for $XXX.XX. On the right, they almost always show you a premium cabin option that you can buy for $XXX.XX. Choose one of those options (assuming the price is right), and you will be able to buy your ticket on 016 ticket stock. That will give you PQD credit, but as stated above, the 100% RDM bonus is out, and the number of miles awarded is determined by the OAL.

sembach likes this.
  9. sembach

sembach Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the feedback. Will put to use.

10. sembach

sembach Active Member

Status Points:
    Yes, guess that was too good to be true!