Miles and Cash Back for Valentine's Day

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by FrequentMiler, Feb 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. FrequentMiler

FrequentMiler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Both Gary (View from the Wing) and Mommy Points have recently listed some options to get lots of points/miles for buying flowers for Valentine's Day via FTD. What other options are there? The point of this thread is:

1) to remind you to get going and place those orders! and
    2) to provide a place to list other/better deals (please contribute!)

Here are two:

Godiva Chocolates via Barnes & Noble:
    • Go through Ultimate Rewards Mall to buy Barnes & Noble e-gift card for yourself. Get 10 points per dollar. Use any Amex card with OPEN saving and save another 5%!
    • Visit B&N online. They currently have a 25% off Godiva chocolates sale! Use your gift card to buy them! I tried various coupons to save even more, but none of them worked for me.
    1-800-Flowers

• I haven't done the work yet to find the best coupons, but I bet there are some good ones if you Google.
    • Go through ShopDiscover for 20% cash back or
    • Go through Mr. Rebates for 15% back AND use your Amex OPEN for another 5% back!

Sagegal, Kalboz and Bluto like this.
  2. mikeef
    Original Member

mikeef Silver Member

Status Points:
    evreward.com lists a bunch of codes for Teleflora. The one beginning with TF... for 25% worked for me. In addition, there is a link for ebates in the drop-down that comes up when you hit "go" that gets you 20% back on your purchase when you shop through ebates. In addition, you get $5 back for signing up for ebates. I'm pretty sure that, after all is said and done, Teleflora owes me money.

Mike

viguera and FrequentMiler like this.
  3. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Bluto and FrequentMiler like this.
  4. FrequentMiler

Status Points:
    I should have mentioned that you can save some trouble with Barnes & Noble and skip the buying a gift card part. The only reason I did that was to avoid this T&C: "Promotional codes or coupons not listed on this site are not eligible." Since my coupon code didn't work anyway, it didn't really matter. The one advantage of the gift card route is that the 10X points count for the shipping & sales tax portion of your order.

mikeef: Nice find with Teleflora!

Nelumbo likes this.
  5. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Status Points:
    The 30 Miles on the Dollar work for FTD on Both United AND American right now. It doesn't seem to require Elite status, as I lack it.

https://www.mileageplusshopping.com...65&l=56385&pos=268&tot=747&r=30pts-$&mid=3032

https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/retailerdetails.aspx?merchbrandid=216087775550671

6. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    What I understood the offer to mean is that it's 30 miles/dollar, but then an extra 150 miles total ("whoop-de-doo," some might say ;)) for elites.

Muerl likes this.
  7. Steelsnow

Steelsnow Silver Member

Status Points:
    How about a $25 for $50 voucher for Teleflora, and once you have the voucher run it thru the UR Mall for 10 points/$? I think it's got a shot at working....
    http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/526/deals/257338

This won't work with the codes above, Teleflora only allows for one discount code. Also, don't forget the added fees and taxes in the deal - the good thing is that this voucher works on both of them per T&C.

Might be wishing, but would be pretty sweet to earn $50 of UR points for $25. UR T&C say no to purchasing gift cards, but not towards redeeming them... worth a shot?

8. FrequentMiler

Status Points:
    Here's another possibility for 1-800Flowers. I don't know if it will work, but it might be possible to combine a Sears offer with a few other discounts. Sears is offering the equivalent of 20% back (in the form of Shop Your Way points) if you use promo code SE33 at checkout. Go through Mr. Rebates for 15% back AND use your Amex OPEN for another 5% back!

[​IMG]

9. Matt12

Matt12 Member

Status Points:
    Can we take advantage of running extra miles? or that is not the case.