milepoint welcomes live chat with President, AAdvantage loyalty program

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by milepoint, Apr 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. milepoint

milepoint Admin

Status Points:
    We are thrilled to launch the "A Conversation with ..." live chat series with the leader of the program that started it all. Maya Leibman, President of the American AAdvantage frequent flyer program, will join us on May 4 for what promises to be an engaging and informative discussion about the 30th anniversary of the AAdvantage program and its role in the next 30 years of the industry.
    Maya will be answering questions from milepoint members throughout the live chat. Members can ask questions beforehand and ask questions during the live conversation.

To learn more about the event and sign up for a reminder:
    milepoint.com/link/?4513

To just look at the questions submitted by members:
    milepoint.com/link/?4551

DeltaExpert and Kaanapali like this.
  2. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think this will be an excellent opportunity to perhaps glean where the AAdvantage program will be going in the future. Thank you for the advance notice...especially as I will be flying AA during this timeframe.... :)

I would suggest this also be noted in the AA forum...in case people miss the general discussion forum/thread....(edit...it has been noted at http://milepoint.com/forums/posts/349012/ )

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I assume this will become an announcement when the date gets closer. Will there be a procedure for people to submit questions in advance?

Kaanapali likes this.
  4. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes....the link is already live for this... :)

See: http://milepoint.com/forums/posts/347831/

MSPeconomist likes this.
  5. travelinmike33
    Original Member

travelinmike33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Very cool. Will the transcript remain up afterward, or do we need to watch it live to see what goes down?

6. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    We'll keep transcript archives in the public domain and we have many more chats planned. Thanks for the question.

7. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    15 questions so far and growing. interesting what is on the mind of frequent flyers—million-mile status seems to be popular as is YQ (fuel surcharges0 for awards.

If you haven't read the questions so far:
    milepoint.com/link/?4551

8. I have been flying AA for a long time 4 million miles flown not charged, Why do you charge me $150 to leave or come home a day or two early? I will have to start flying SW.