Milepoint Premium Membership-HHonors GOLD

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by pokee, Oct 12, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. pokee

pokee Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi everyone...I'm new to Milepoint and signed up with a premium membership to get HH Gold status. Anyone know how long it will take to appear on my HH account after I've claimed it here? Thanks!

2. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The MP claim form says 8-12 weeks. [Personally, I'm guessing less, but I'd count on 8-12 weeks.]

joonwon, thecomms, uggboy and 2 others like this.
  3. pokee

pokee Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! I am hoping to get it by the end of the year. Is there any benefits to making a reservation with Gold status? I've already made a couple for next year and wondering if my Gold status will get me a better rate?

uggboy, tommy777 and bigx0 like this.
  4. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Usually won't get a better rate (sometimes there are special offers but sometimes there are offers for non-Gold too). You might be more likely to get a room if a property is nearly sold out, but at the Gold level it's not likely either. In any case, a week or so before you go, whether Gold has come through or not, be sure to re-check the rates. If the hotel is not full the rates could very well have gone down and then you can rebook at the lower rate.

thecomms, uggboy and pokee like this.
  5. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    welcome to MP !

you won't get a better rate with Gold, but the status will go a long way in the privileges, such as complementary breakfast, internet, late checkout. you can view the full list of Gold benefits here :
    http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/explore/benefits/index.html

Hilton Gold is regarded amongst many (myself included) as being the best mid-tier elite benefits of all the hotel programmes. Enjoy !

thecomms, CHK, Gtitan and 3 others like this.
  6. pokee

pokee Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, Terry! I feel soooo lucky to be able to get Gold. I don't stay enough at Hilton to get it from nights earned alone (I stay at Marriott hotels more often) and here in Canada we don't have a credit card that will get us Gold status. I am planning to stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village next year and I am just really excited to get breakfast and a potential upgrade! Not to mention the points bonus!!!

uggboy and tommy777 like this.
  7. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The breakfast isn't necessarily a full "American (or Hawaiian) style" breakfast. You may just get the fruit/bread/cereal treatment. On the other hand, since it's a resort, that's more than Marriott would give you.

pokee, viguera and uggboy like this.
  8. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    For my leisure travel, it is tough to beat Hilton for an easy to acheive midtier status.

Free breakfast is a great perk. I challeneged to gold when I was travelling less for work and I am hooked.

Breakfask, WiFi and upgrades are great perks. Breakfast does vary, with some Hilton's charging an upcharge for a hot buffet, but many more surprise to the upside with a very nice breakfast.

Hilton Garden Inns have a nice standardized buffet which always include omelets.

Regular Hiltons are more hit and miss. For exapmle the London Hilton park lane includes a huge hot spread included, while the London waldorf Hilton has an upcharge.

pokee and uggboy like this.
  9. ipac

ipac Active Member

Status Points:
    I have a coming stay with HH in the next two weeks. Is it possible to contact Hilton providing with my membership with milepoint and see if they can change it a bit earlier?

10. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    sounds wonderful ! sometimes, for expensive hotels, the breakfast plus internet costs more than your MP premium membership cost ! Hilton Gold does provide very good tier benefit, don't forget the option of late check out too !:p

CHK and pokee like this.
  11. FEV77

FEV77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    And, don't forget that you can use your newly minted Hilton Gold status to "status match" with other hotel programs!

milchap, pokee and viguera like this.
  12. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    true, statusmatcher.com would be a good reference of what Hilton Gold matches to..

CHK and FEV77 like this.
  13. robin_wenbin

robin_wenbin New Member

Status Points:
    Hello, everybody, I am also a new one here. Who could give me the link to apply for Hilton gold status?

Sweet Willie likes this.
  14. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    welcome, try clicking on the Milepoint Premium membership banner

CHK and Sweet Willie like this.
  15. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    see suggestion:

16. pokee

pokee Active Member

Status Points:
    I just had a look, and I can leverage the HHonors Gold status to get top tier status with BW and IHG fairly easily...thats a nice bonus! Too bad Marriott is so stingy. They are no longer providing any status matches. I have Silver with them and almost made Gold on a challenge, but due to a change in travel plans, never quite got there.

FEV77 likes this.
  17. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you can get matched to IHG Plat would be great, there are currently a lot of promo codes going on where you can earn significant bonus points for IHG stays...

CHK likes this.
  18. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    They no longer have an official policy of doing so but apparently they consider requests on a case-by-case basis.

19. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Marriott till recently had a challenge called "Taste of Gold" & "Taste of Platinum" but that was withdrawn.....

CHK likes this.
  20. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, that's correct. It is no longer an official policy. I understand they still consider requests on a case-by-case basis.

21. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    sure, case-by-case consideration still beats no consideration !;)

CHK likes this.
  22. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Unfortunately, we don't have a quick path to get that spun up for you, and HH won't be able to help, either. There's a chance you might see it in 2 weeks but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. I assume you already redeemed this benefit from your Premium Membership package in the award store?

23. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hilton Gold is also valuable as one of the 4 elite memberships to write to Hyatt for a Hyatt Diamond Trial, if you have plans for 12 nights in Hyatt hotels in 60 days, you get Diamond status during the trial, and get to keep the status if you successfully complete the challenge.

CHK likes this.
  24. B1BomberVB

B1BomberVB Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't intend to stay in any Hiltons in 2013. So should I wait till January 2014 to order my Gold status so it will last a year longer?

25. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    No, whether you claim your Gold status now or later it will last through the beginning of 2015.

KENNECTED and B1BomberVB like this.