MILEPOINT MONDAY — Help others and you could win an IPAD

Discussion in 'Kiva | Loans That Change Lives' started by Randy Petersen, May 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    The members of the milepoint Kiva Lending Team have a membership drive during the month of May — 200 new members. They are over halfway there and with one week left, we've named today MILEPOINT MONDAY. The goal of MILEPOINT MONDAY is to raise awareness of this membership drive.

WHY?

If the team reaches their goal of 200 new members here in the month of May — milepoint will award a new iPad to a random member to the milepoint Kiva Lending Team ... but only if the team reaches their goal of 200 new members. No 200 new members actively making a donation to help others, no iPad. But that should be easy, we're over half-way there and only need 90 more new members.

SO, here is how you can help:
    — Understand these are great odds ... a 1-in-200+ (there may be more than 200 new members by months end) for a new iPad. Where oh where will you ever see odds that good?
    — Also, as a member of the team or of milepoint, you really, really want to see the team make its goal so you better start recruiting. BUT, we need the right people on the team, so here is what we are looking for:
    1. New members to the Kiva Lending Team should be enthusiastic about the topic of frequent flyer miles.
    2. New members of the Kiva Lending Team really need to have a sense of caring for others because only those new members who have actively made a loan as a member of the Kiva Lending Team will actually qualify for a shot at the iPad.
    3. Beware, this is a very active Lending Team so you should certainly expect to be active tomorrow, next month, the month after and for years to come. You'll find this is one of the most positive minded Lending Teams on Kiva.
    4. You have but one week to help fill this Lending Team out or you may not have a chance at the iPad, so you better start calling all your frequent flyer friends to have them join milepoint, join the Kiva Lending Team and make a loan.
    5. This is a real no-brainer. Not only do you have a chance at an iPad, but new members all month long in May have had the first $25 of loans they make, matched by milepoint. But this is not your typical match ... the $25 that milepoint is matching, is actually yours to keep and re-loan over and over again. That's right, join the Kiva Lending Team in May, loan at least $25 to Kiva, get $25 matched by milepoint which you can keep once it is paid back (please remember to keep re-loaning) and get a chance at a new iPad.
    6. Only four people are ineligible to win the iPad ... which means your odds are even greater! If you don't know, all four founders of milepoint — Randy Petersen, gleff, Pizzaman and Tommy777 are members of the Kiva Lending Team and each made loans of $500 in the month of May to help kick off the membership drive.
    7. The clock is ticking ... recruit frequent flyer miles-minded people to milepoint, help them get enrolled as a member of the Kiva Lending Team, make sure they loan money to the Kiva effort and you ... and them have a really, really good shot at owning a new iPad. Remember, the odds are somewhere around 1-in-200 for the iPad and a lifetime of feeling great about helping others by your participation on the Kiva Lending Team.
    ALL DETAILS OF HOW TO ENROLL IN THE KIVA LENDING TEAM AND EARN A CHANCE TO WIN AN IPAD ARE HERE.

jbcarioca, unavaca, Chimpy and 10 others like this.
  2. Delta Points
    Original Member

Delta Points Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am in already but my wife will join both MP and Kiva for this kind of offer! Thanks Randy!

3. SirRagnar
    Original Member

SirRagnar Silver Member

Status Points:
    We are now over 200 members :)

[​IMG]

Thanks to all!

Plenty of more open spaces, so please don't hesitate to join in :)

4. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    A reminder, the goal is to empower others with our loans (and make a few more miles and points along the way!).

5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    View from the Wing (gleff's blog) posted about MilePointMonday and the potential ipad about a half hour ago. Be sure to check it out.

6. Joshua
    Original Member

Joshua Active Member

Status Points:
    Just joined. Proud to be this fine group (217 members now).

Junca, MissBurrill, jbcarioca and 4 others like this.
  7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome.

8. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just made two $25 loans today. The second was to Nancy on Kiva.org Retail - Chile. She is the only one from Chile.
    This is a great opportunity to help a deserving lady. Her repayment schedule is just 8 months so you out to have your money back quickly. My earlier loan had a 14 month repayment schedule. better do it now or it will be funded by others.

Junca, jbcarioca, nime01 and 2 others like this.
  9. All done my wife just funded $25 for a load and joined MP and Kiva!

....hope this one makes it for Randy's $25 match as well :)

10. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Very good. Please welcome her for us.

11. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I hope everyone who was whining and complaining about not winning an ipad during March signs up for the MP Kiva team. The odds here are much better than they were even at the end of the beta period.

12. Force
    Original Member

Force Active Member

Status Points:
    Joined the MP kiva team today and made loan. Hope to make a difference.

Junca, jbcarioca, nime01 and 2 others like this.
  13. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to our Kiva team

14. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's Tuesday -- How'd we do? How many more do we need to reach the 200 new members in May? Looks like we are at 278 or better total and over $78,000 in loans. :)

For those still just thinking about joining. Do. The world needs your help.

15. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    We're currently over by two (1%). We had 76 members on May 1, so needed a total of 276 to meet the goal of 200 new members during the month of May. However, what it isn't easy to verify is how many of our new members have made their first loans yet to become eligible for Randy's $25 match.

miles and smiles likes this.
  16. Delta Points
    Original Member

Delta Points Silver Member

Status Points:

So who won the iPAD as I see we made the goal and then some!

Horse, Gargoyle and miles and smiles like this.
  17. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    I'd like to congratulate this member of the milepoint Kiva Lending Team for being the winner of the iPad during the May's membership drive:

Congrats to Michael.

Congrats to the entire milepoint Kiva Lending Team which won as well.

The winning number via Random.org was 119. We had a total of 241 new members during May. Members ineligible for the iPad drawing were the founders (gleff and Tommy777 joined the team in May) and members who did not meet the requirement to loan $25 to be eligible for the iPad drawing.

IN ADDITION

I'd like to congratulate the founding members of milepoint Kiva Lending Team for being such an inspiration for what has followed. There's a lot to be proud of. Our success with the May membership drive was started and supported by these original members and as a result, I have picked a winner of yet another iPad just for this group.

Congrats to Junca.

The winning number via Random.org was 32. We had 76 original members of the milepoint Kiva Lending Team prior to May 1.

18. Horse
    Original Member

Horse Gold Member

Status Points:
    Congratulations to you, Michael! :)

Junca, nime01, thewinchester and 2 others like this.
  19. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Nice, I looked at his profile, he's a prolific lender. thumbs-up.gif

Junca, nime01, thewinchester and 3 others like this.
  20. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    Congrats to Michael and Junca!

Junca, nime01, thewinchester and 4 others like this.
  21. Horse
    Original Member

Horse Gold Member

Status Points:
    Congratulations Junca :)

22. travelingmore
    Original Member

travelingmore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Congratulations to the winners!

Junca, nime01, thewinchester and 3 others like this.
  23. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
  24. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Apple thinks too highly of themselves. These are appliances, toasters, not tiffany stained glass.

25. thewinchester
    Original Member

thewinchester Silver Member

Status Points:
    *raises hand* Hi all, I'm the lucky Michael who woke up just 30min ago to a lovely email from Randy with the nicest news I've had in some time.

Thank you all, and thanks to Randy and the MP team.

And yes, I am a bit of a prolific lender on Kiva - over two years ago I topped up my account there with USD100, and have just kept loaning and re-loaning my balance as each is repaid. As much as I'd love to be loaning more, every little bit helps those from less-fortunate and developing areas get on their own two feet and make a living - what more could anyone ask for.

And as a collective, look while MP achieved on Kiva in just one month - third most new members for a Kiva lending team last month, nearly 1,800 loans funded with USD82,600. These are some impressive stats, and a clear demonstration of just how generous the community at MP is.

unavaca, torbster, Chimpy and 10 others like this.