Milepoint Luggage Tags

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by MLW20, Jul 29, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I received my Milepoint gifts today! The shirt is very nice & I like how there is a space on the biz cards for our member names.
    The luggage tags look really nice and will be great for identifying luggage after flights!
    However I have some thoughts/ opinions regarding the luggage tags.

1-Why is there not a space to write personal details? I think a space on one side would've been nice.
    2-The tags are a bit on the long side. Some of us travel with backpacks and these are a bit long to hang.

Maybe in the future Milepoint can come out with a more traditionally shaped tag.

Thanks again for the generous gifts!

zpaul, spivey, sobore and 5 others like this.
  2. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just received mine, and they're very nice. But yes, they are a bit large; I was hoping they might shrink a bit from the last forum tags I had (ahem).

Maybe it would be good to introduce mini bag tags for carry-ons and those who prefer to be a bit more inconspicuous. Quality-wise though, they're really nice, and I look forward to bumping into people. Thanks!

zpaul, spivey, aitchly and 2 others like this.
  3. rehoult
    Original Member

rehoult Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd second the comment on no space for personal details. I would be happy to use them as my sole back tag, but without being able to put me details on them I can't.

zpaul likes this.
  4. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice idea on the mini tags!

zpaul, spivey and Chimpy like this.
  5. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Actually, there is a plan. I'm thinking it has been noted somewhere before but let me go through it completely here and thanks for the opportunity.

We've always believed there are four types of tags to come from milepoint: 1) Identity tags. This is the current member tag and it serves only a single purpose and that is to be able to easily identify fellow members of milepojnt when in transit. The current size is the exact size that Delta and others including Continental had introduced to elite members over the years, a size that is large enough to catch the eye during a fleeting glance at airports. 2) Specialty tags. These currently come in two flavors—FlyStrong and Fly For The Cure. Designed to help raise awareness and financial support for a variety of causes that our members have identified with. 3) Luggage tags. Smaller than the identity and specialty tags, members will soon be able to send in business or other types of cards and we will process back to them at no cost, a custom luggage tag with milepoint backing and plastic lock straps to affix to your luggage or backpack, etc. We already have the backing printed and are just finishing details of how best to have members order them (likely a custom addition to the Award Store). Below you'll see an example of the backing that goes on the backside of my business card. These are both sealed in a laminate and sent back to you with a hole punch and plastic lock strap for your luggage. You'll notice on the backer in the picture below that we even printed them with the curve as part of the design so that when looked at they resemble the other cards and tags. Details, details, details. 4) Benefit tags. Listed among the benefits of Gold Status on milepoint are additional gifts. One of the gifts that are provided those Gold status members over time is a custom leather/other luggage tag which they will be able to insert their business or other info into and attach to their luggage.

I hope this explains the many ways in which you'll be able to identify yourself as a member of milepoint when traveling and as well, benefit from fulfilling common airline requirements that luggage be marked by your name somewhere on the baggage.

So, mini tags ... already have you covered. (tip: if you don't want the smaller tags to display your business card or other ID, simply order them "'double' and hold the card" and you'll get back a real mini-tag.

Thanks for the question and you'll see this pop up in the Award Store as soon as we complete some programming challenges.
    photo (5).JPG

reever, essxjay, zpaul and 13 others like this.
  6. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    good idea. In the meantime, I have a small laminating machine, I'm going to pull it out tomorrow and see about making my own, referral card on one side, my business card on the other. However, the text on the referral card is very small, doesn't stand out from a distance the way the one in your photo does. :(

Maybe the referral cards need "milepoint" in a larger font size!

zpaul likes this.
  7. ACEDAD
    Original Member

ACEDAD Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm really amazed at the demands for free stuff (not specifically in this thread, but in various ones on the board). While I'm very appreciative of the offers and gladly accepted, I don't remember sending any money or being forced to contribute here.

8. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    That or ask us for some of the biz card backers which are shown in the pic above. These are not repurposed referral cards but backers specifically printed to la,innate on the back of biz cards. We've got plenty as we think the actual luggage tag idea has some merit.

9. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not sure there's any mean spiritedness to it. After all, we are all trying to spread the word about Milepoint…

10. slice19
    Original Member

slice19 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree, the discussion seems to be focused on creating a wider audience for and awareness of MilePoint.

zpaul, Mangy and MLW20 like this.
  11. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Was just looking over some posts & saw this comment. There were never any demands, only opinions/ comments regarding the generous gifts MilePoint has given its members.

Mangy likes this.
  12. meFIRST

meFIRST Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes considering FT has such a bad repuation. I personally would be embarrassed to carry an FT tag. This will give us an alternative

Mangy and KyRoamer like this.
  13. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I chose never to have an FT tag - but now I happily have my 3 MP Tags on my stuff ... even going into the office on my laptop bag - it starts a conversation :)

Mangy and TravelMusing like this.
  14. meFIRST

meFIRST Silver Member

Status Points:
    Carol was giving these out at FT Do-s. However, due the bad behavour and reputation of several flyertalkers in the travel industry/field, I decline to use one.

Mangy likes this.
  15. dmel

dmel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got FT tags years ago, but my wife threw them out when cleaning out a closet. Now just waiting until MP silver so I can get my MP tags. :)

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

16. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    Bad reputation?

I've got FT & MP tags on my bags, fwiw..

Mangy, TravelMusing and Jubileesmom like this.
  17. TravelMusing

TravelMusing Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anyone in YYZ that I can borrow an MP luggage tag from for my trip to Asia? :D

I'm just joking! :p

Mangy, cennas and ACMM like this.
  18. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    It'll cost ya :D :eek:

(Posted from my milePoint enabled iPhone)

Mangy and TravelMusing like this.
  19. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    If we happen to be in SIN at the same time, I'll let you have some of mine. :p Free of charge :D

lwkatya, TravelMusing and ACMM like this.
  20. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Darn - undercut again! :D

21. Handleman20

Handleman20 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Want... tags! To break out an old old old Flash video reference, "GIVE TO RADISKULL!"

22. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just post and like, and you will be Silver soon enough. Probably next month

Skye1 and Handleman20 like this.
  23. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    I find the current tags a bit to long, they end up getting folded and banged up more than say my AA tags. (I'm still thankful for them...)

24. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Then try the milepoint mini's. There are a number of members with them already and they come in two flavors: 1) as you see them with the milepoint logo on both sides; 2) as you see them with the milepoint logo on one side and the other side laminated with your business card. Have tested out great and we just have to load them into the Award Store or until then, just contact me with mail details and which you prefer. However, if you prefer the biz card model of the milepoint mini's then you'll have to mail us the cards you want laminated in. We test trialed with some members a solution where we sent the mini and you could self laminate your own cards but the solution just wasn't up to the heavier laminate standard we were hoping for. Pic below of the milepoint mini vs. the other standard sizes also available. Milepoint does rock—yes?

milepointmini.jpg

25. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is a great solution!!! I just might have to take you up on this offer in the future!
    And, YES- Milepoint does rock!