Milepoint iOS app

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by CharlesG, Feb 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. CharlesG

CharlesG Gold Member

Status Points:
    So... what is the little red notification circle notifying me about? It was stuck on '2' for awhile, and no amount of clicking around got it to change.

I must have discovered one of the things it was trying to alert me to this morning, because it now says '1'. Is it trying to tell me something, or is it just a logic puzzle I have yet to figure out?

perryplatypus and autolycus like this.
  2. LizzyDragon84
    Original Member

LizzyDragon84 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I use the mobile app quite a bit and haven't seen the circle. Where is it showing up?

3. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    that's a visual alert depending where it is of two things: 1) unread "Conversations" or private mail/PM, depending on which term you are accustomed to using. It's a visual way of saying ... You've got mail. As you read your "Conversations" that number will decrease or eventually go away if you have read everything. 2) Subscribed threads. If you have in your various reading subscribed to a thread, this is a visual that let's you know there is an unread reply to a thread you are watching.

For instance, in my iPad MilePoint app, one red circle has 41 and the other red circle has the number 12. Without going into an application to see if there is anything new, I know instantly I have 12 new "Conversations" from members or Conversations that have a new reply and I also have 41 threads that I have been watching which have new replies that I have yet to read. A Tip: on the app, just clicking into a Subscribed/Watched thread won't automatically decrease the number in the circle. It will if there is but one page of replies for you to read. But if you don't read all the pages of replies, the number in the circle won't decrease until you complete reading r clicking through all the pages, if that makes sense.

It actually works in a similar way to way the red alerts in your upper right hand corner of a regular computer screen for MilePoint.com with just some of the terms slightly different Inbox vs. Conversations between the app and the website. And the "Subscribed" with red circles (the number you have) is the same as "Watched Threads" online not using the app. These differences will disappear later this year when we move from a mobile app to just having a mobile skin for MilePoint.

perryplatypus and CharlesG like this.
  4. CharlesG

CharlesG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ah, it's the subscribed threads! Thanks so much for the clarification!

perryplatypus likes this.
  5. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Charles, you should see alerts for:
    • Likes for any of your posts
    • Notification of a private conversation
    • Milepoint awards or status change
    • When someone quotes one of your posts
    You can also adjust your alerts here in ALERT PREFERENCES

perryplatypus and CharlesG like this.
  6. LAXtraveler
    Original Member

LAXtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    How come when I'm logged into my iPhone app it still shows me as logged out on my profile on the app?