Milepoint Fairmont Tweet

Discussion in 'Fairmont | President's Club' started by snfitch, Feb 27, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. snfitch

snfitch Active Member

Status Points:
    I subscribe to Milepoints twitter feed and this afternoon the following was tweeted:

"Lifetime Platinum Status downgraded to Club Status?: http://bit.ly/13Ygd89 #fairmont#hotel"

When i clicked on the link it did not work. Has anyone heard anything about this? As a lifetime platinum, I am curious especially since I just received my 2013 certificates. I have seen nothing on the internet regarding this. Any idea what this tweet was all about?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks like the thread was deleted.

Someone posted that they were one of the Living Social lifetime platinum members but their membership kit this year was just general member. Dunno what happened from there.

B1BomberVB and skyvan like this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    The person posted a follow-up that it was probably a mistake and that the membership kit was for another (second) account. And then, since it was a non-issue, the deletion of the thread was probably requested. And now the twitter post causes more confusion than if the thread had continued to exist :)

B1BomberVB and skyvan like this.
  4. Tivoboy
    Original Member

Tivoboy Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I was JUST looking for some info on this. I was making a reservation via the platinum desk, and the agent had said "no, I can see you're a lifetime platinum member, and they'll honor it until they decide not to." sort of took me off guard at the time. If they take it away, I'll be very annoyed and sad, but have already received great value from it and Fairmont has too.. probably about 25,000$ more than they would have gotten from me, us, company since I got the status.

B1BomberVB likes this.