MilePoint Doctors

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by GoldenFlyer, Sep 25, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. GoldenFlyer

GoldenFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    After Turkish Airlines Smiling Doctors Program and Lufthansa Doctor on Board Program what about creating a special Doctors program for MilePoint in which Doctors will share their cases of emergencies seen on board: cases, emergencies, treatments and the special care? May Be Editing together a manual of MilePoint InFlight Emergencies, bag tags of MilePoint with Doctor on it?

Draffi, BossWass, MoufidaLAA and 2 others like this.
  2. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    :)

3. GoldenFlyer

Status Points:
    DOUbliner r u a Dr too?

BossWass, MoufidaLAA and ProfEssaied like this.
  4. GoldenFlyer

Status Points:
    Why i see this message from you only in my email box???????????
    My 1QT clear plastic (tsa complaint) bag has a varying number of JD minies and is labeled with open in case of emergency!:D

5. GoldenFlyer

Status Points:
    What king of JD minies? Turkish Airlines and Lufthansa beside the Cabin crew medical bag they have all a special Dr case closed and can be open only by a qualified Dr who will sign before the intervention!!!

6. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    I knew one college professor who used to flount the fact he had a PhD and always booked his ticket as Dr xxx, until he was asked to help in a medical emergency

DTWBob

7. GoldenFlyer

Status Points:
    Actually the difference between us is the suffix MD cuz everybody wanna be a Dr well for that the airlines they ask help only from thos whose sufrix MD and not the salutation Dr of course i spent a big part of the hell of medicine school not to be called Mister LOL but even sometimes there are system mistakes i am a certified Dr from TK and LH and sometimes my name is not recorded as a Dr so i hear the annoncz if there is a Dr identify your self. In addition to that even Dr s who are far from anestesiology and emergency ambulances too they can forget and can not help so a manual book for refresh is a need for many doctors and a refresh about physiology in high altitude and in pressurized cabin

8. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    After reading through the typos and crypticisms in this string, I know "witch doctors" to avoid! :p

9. GoldenFlyer

Status Points:
    & vice versa :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

10. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    I often thought it would be cool to get my doctorate in something like Library Sciences so when someone asked if there was a doctor on the plane I could say "Why yes...."

satman40 and GoldenFlyer like this.
  11. GoldenFlyer

Status Points:
    yes but a Doctorate in another thing out the medicine is only an academic title and not a social title while MD Dr is a social title so when in a plane we ask for a Dr we mean a MD LOL

satman40 likes this.
  12. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    HIPPA, MD-PhD

GoldenFlyer likes this.
  13. GoldenFlyer

Status Points:
  14. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    :D13 years.....internship residency, and the Board Certified...

15. GoldenFlyer

Status Points:
    and the under speciality actually it can even 30 years :) R U a Dr too?

16. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, but when we travel my wife tries to remain invisible

17. GoldenFlyer

Status Points:
    I do not know where you live or where are you from, but, according to the law in many countries (France, Turkey, Germany and Austria), if we know after that she is a Dr and she did not help that is punishable by the law to pay or until one year of prison. IATA changed some laws too, for example if you are flying Air France and during the incident you are flying Thailand where the law doesn t punish you if you are a Doctor and you do not help the new law says that the law to applicate can be the law of the aircraft nationality which is French, so she can be in trouble. But in the same time i can confirm other thing too, if the Doctor to help is not an Anesthesiologist,Emergency and Urgent Care or Ambulance Doctor, the other doctors are so far from these cases and may be they saw that case the first time in their life, in a strange place which is the aircraft with a strange material the one inside the aircraft so how much they can help, i do not know really, the example of a dermatologist who never been in an emergency service as a responsible Dr his or her chance to help and control the situation is almost 0% LOL I am a surgeon but i had been an Ambulance Doctor before and for one year i worked as an Emergency service Manager.

18. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    The source of one's medical degree and demonstrated ability to practice medicine is particularly important. There are thousands of foreign medical graduates (FMGs) in the US, who have left their native countries, hoping to ca$h in and practice medicine here.

The reality is that not all medical schools around the world are equally rigorous, and that many FMGs simply cannot meet the stringent requirements and training to practice medicine in the US. See:

http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/abo...l-medical-graduates/practicing-medicine.page?

http://www.ecfmg.org/

But that doesn't stop all those FMGs from demanding to be called "doctor" - whether they can practice medicine in the US legally or not, and whether they are on an airplane or not! :rolleyes:

satman40 likes this.
  19. GoldenFlyer

Status Points:
    It s not our subject to speak about the USMLE, it is the right forum for that! but yes let me correct you to ca$h in as you said there several countries cuz in the US to cas$h in you need to specialize in a surgical speciality but generally foreigners get stupid specialities. But a doctor is everywhere a doctor so he lives the level of a specialized one everywhere! And stupid doctors choose money you see! So generally the ones they choose the US it is more for the quality of the education not for money, and even the quality is not the same between all the faculties in all the States. But before finishing the USMLE is easier then many exams of many other countries so having the steps of the USMLE is not that big deal while it s harder in some others countries. So we can come back to our Doctors on board subject now LOL

20. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    One good thing about world travel is that one has the opportunity to see how many other countries around the world train and use their "doctors".

We know that, in some countries, it is perfectly acceptable for some students, to include those in medical and graduate school, to pay others to take their exams for them.

In other nations, "doctors" can treat patients upon graduation from their "medical schools" at age 21 - no college required, as they attend medical school directly out of high school.

In many nations of the world, women either cannot attend, or are highly discouraged from attending, medical schools. And nurses are also looked down upon by physicians as members of the lowest caste.

Few countries pay their physicians as much as in the US, and so "doctors" from around the world will try to be able to practice medicine in the US, many leaving their impoverished nations without adequate medical resources.

As stated, the ability to practice medicine in the US is according to very high standards. The top physicians in many countries will avail themselves of US board certification and/or medical fellowships, and then return to their countries to teach and train others.

While our very high standards of medical education and practice in the US allow for wealth accumulation (a recent survey shows that US physicians earn an average of ~$240,000 annually), they also help to ensure that a high standard of medical practice exists here.

And that high standard of medical practice and care is not only preferred, but is also expected, by the US public. As the old joke goes: the medical profession is the only trade that can bury their mistakes.

So why wouldn't Milepoint members prefer to be treated by doctors who have attained this same standard of medical certification? Which necessarily includes USMLE Steps 1-3 for FMGs to practice medicine in the US.

satman40 likes this.
  21. GoldenFlyer

Status Points:
    Cool Raul)))
    I understand that you are jealous from Doctors but stop the propaganda LOL
    You start to be funny you are not a doctor sure and how much you have seen i start to have doubt about, let s start by 3rd world countries there is any country that you can be graduated at 21 yo LOL you are really funny)))
    In addition to that calm down baby, did we say that medicine is the US is bad? to start explaining and i have many doctors in the US the average of 240 000 US annually is exaggerated try to give official sources for that))))
    Well there too they do not have a good practice there are better then other countries in the researches LOL
    Let s go to developed countries and Professor Lantieri the firs to make face transplantation he had never been qualified from the US and he spent 2 years as an observer then he came back to France and the US wanted him even without the 3 steps LOL only to show them the face transplantation cuz the first was made in France))) the first uterus transplantation was made in Turkey by Prof Ozkan and he finishes all his studies in Turkey with some traineeships in Taiwan, Japan and Germany!!! So please i understand that you are not a Doctor and you are jealous for that and you are making a propaganda for the medical system in the new continent but i can advice you some good medicine schools in the US if you can be accepted sure you will be a good Dr or i can give you several medical forums sure you will be a one of the funniest writers there too LOL

22. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    +, Seen where a 12 year old did surgery in India...

The US treats some Physicians unfair, working them to death, holding them to a higher standard.

There are two sides to every coins, for the most it is not an easy road.

Best to remain invisible, who wants to talk shop lets go back to flying, BUF/ SPG Great, and the Falls was nice, took some great pictures.

GoldenFlyer likes this.
  23. GoldenFlyer

Status Points:
    Finally!!! great well to criticize systems it is so easy)))
    So here to make a refresh of the subject is to create a milepoint Doctors group and manuals sure we are a lot from different systems we can make a sophisticated product

24. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
  25. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    That may be true in the United States (or maybe not -- in the US DOs are called "Doctor" both socially and academically same as MDs), but not so much in certain European countries, e.g., Germany, where the social title of "Doctor" is applied to disciplines other than medicine.

Newscience likes this.