milepoint business owners thread

Discussion in 'Talk To Me' started by Gaucho, Feb 15, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

I had started a thread over on Off Topic... here is the link:

My question is related to a thread similar to what we have over on TOBB for business owners.... I wonder if there is a place here on MP where folks that are independent can tell others about what it is they do and perhaps contacts can be made.

Yes, I know there are places like LinkedIn for that... but in my experience, a site like this can make for a very fertile ground to develop business opportunities.

Comments and feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    meFIRST, GoodBoy and iolaire like this.
  2. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

I think it’s a good idea. I'm not the target market, but I think you could kick start it with a short description of what you do, some topic areas where you would like learn more about, and maybe some topic areas you feel that you could help others learn? That way people could establish if both of you have something to share with each other?

For example, (I'm not the target market for your thread), I’m employed full time and don’t actively seek other opportunities. At this moment I’m interested in learning how to implement geospatial searches in Microsoft SQL. My fields of expertise are commercial real estate analysis and automated publishing - i.e. creating complex PDF reports with limited human involvement.
    GoodBoy likes this.