MileagePlus Non-responsiveness

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by mmaz, Apr 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. mmaz

mmaz Active Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone else been experiencing a complete and utter Non-responsiveness from the program as I have this past month??? I went on line to check on the status of my 58K+ miles in my Continental account, and found that the OnePass and Continental web sites no longer exist. I then went to my United MP account and found NO miles posted (they said at the merger all miles would be honored). I have written them from within my MP account, and have called the program multiple times each. All I have received from the EMails is the canned response saying they will get back to me, and the tel calls end with them saying no one is available to speak to after several attempts to detour my call to an automated response. The only thing I have not yet tried is calling reservations and asking to speak to a MP program rep which I doubt will do any better.

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did you link the two accounts before the merger of the systems? How long have you been waiting for a reply? Do you have status?

(for reference, I am 1K, sent an email to 1Kvoice about a month ago about a SWU/GPU having gone missing and a CPU-related problem, and just a few days finally got a reply. The SWU was returned and I received a significant number of miles in addition (presumably for the long delay).

Welcome to MilePoint!

3. mmaz

mmaz Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the response. My first contacts were in late March 2012, and all I have received are the canned EMail responses. I didn't know to link the OnePass and MileagePlus accounts, and never saw any instruction to do so by EMail or within the accounts. I do not understand your 1K and SWU/GPU terminology.

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do you actually have a new MileagePlus account number now that is empty? Or is it the same number as you were using before that is now empty?

If they are different account numbers then getting them merged together should be pretty easy: https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com/MP1202RS.jsp.

5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I could swear I received a number of email updates from both UA and CO in 2011 telling me what was going on and what was going to happen with my accounts. It's not going to help you now, but you might want to check your trash/spam folders and make sure (going forward) that your emails on file with the loyalty programs are valid. Something obviously went wrong somewhere.

1K is an elite status. GPU stands for global premier upgrade and is an (electronic) upgrade instrument given to 1K members for upgrades. I used one of those to apply for an upgrade and was waitlisted. The upgrade never cleared and logically thinking the upgrade instrument should thus have been returned to my account, but the United computers currently don't seem to feel like doing that, so you have to contact UA to get it back. That took nearly a month (but as I didn't need it, I decided to wait and see instead of calling in, which might have resulted in quicker action). SWU stands for system-wide upgrade and is the legacy UA name for GPU.

The whole point of that long story was to confirm that, yes, it seems UA currently takes quite a bit of time to respond to emails.

Blue Skye and Counsellor like this.
  6. mmaz

mmaz Active Member

Status Points:
    When I attempted to log in to the original, 11 digit, MP account, they advised that it had been changed to a new one of 8 digits and had me log in on it. I've just now checked, and the old 11 digit number is nowhere to be found.

7. andy12

andy12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It sounds like you definitely have two different MileagePlus accounts, your old Continental account, and your new MileagePlus account (which was created and is linked to your old 11 digit account number), and you are going to want to follow the link above to merge the two accounts together.

The first part of your post, about the 58K miles, sounds like your old Continental account. Then, when you went to check on it, you say you noticed that OnePass no longer exists. However, you then mention you logged into the new United website with your United MileagePlus account and you did not see the miles.

Have you tried logging into the United website with your old Continental OnePass username and password (I did not see that specifically noted above). Your 58K points should still be there. Did you have any points in your old 11-digit MileagePlus account (if so, you should see those in your new MileagePlus account, if not, that would explain why it says zero).

8. mmaz

mmaz Active Member

Status Points:
    Thank you both for your responses to my issue. I would never have thought to use my old Continental OnePass number and PW to log into Mileage Plus, but that is exactly what I was able to do. My 58K+ miles from Continental are indeed there, and I have initiated the merge of both accounts. Thanks so very much again for your help

9. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    So glad you were able to get it sorted out. I had a similar situation.

aptraveler likes this.
  10. aptraveler

aptraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had a similar situation with my accounts (CO & UA) simply because I did not linked them prior to the March 3rd systems merger deadline. So, a week later I contacted United and they combined both accounts into one w/o losing a single mile.
    Good to know, it all turned out well for you at the end! :)

11. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    When I tried contacting through email, I received no responses. Yeah, I checked my trash and junk folders. Getting on the phone eventually helped, but email seems to be going straight to trash on their side.

12. stephenbgarvan

stephenbgarvan Silver Member

Status Points:
    I did get 2 phone calls from Planet Houston today- 1 with a message and email address no phone # for me to call!!,screwing it up more,while very well-intentioned. I emailed him bacak,correcting error,and I got another phone call back in less than an hour. That was endearing. I think many at UA & CO want to try, to worklthrough it.but without right tools ,empowerment and bedrock underlying philosophy, it remains highly challenging.