MileagePlus Explorer Card Baggage Claim Promotion

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by UA Insider, Aug 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. UA Insider
    Original Member

UA Insider Official Representative

Status Points:
    Hi Everyone, I know we don’t usually post information on promotions, but, Chase and United are celebrating the launch of the new MileagePlus Explorer Card with a Baggage Claim event starting tomorrow in Los Angeles at the Americana at Brand (Glendale). There are some great prizes, including the chance to grab a bag off a special carousel that could contain 1 million United MileagePlus bonus miles. From here, the event will move on to San Francisco, Chicago and Washington D.C. More information can be found at: explorercardbaggageclaim.com. It's an exciting event and I hope some of you can participate.

Shannon Kelly
    Director, Customer Insights and Metrics
    United Airlines

DCA Rob likes this.
  2. airshadow
    Original Member

airshadow Gold Member

Status Points:
    the link didn't work - it may need a little tweaking

3. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, the autocomplete scripting did a number on it. Here's a good link: www.explorercardbaggageclaim.com

Also, thanks for sharing, Shannon. Interesting that no legacy CO hubs were included.

DCA Rob and airshadow like this.
  4. al613
    Original Member

al613 Silver Member

Status Points:
    What is the minimum spent to use this 1m UA miles? :)

5. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Shannon,

Just got back from the event at the Americana at Brand in Glendale. Unfortunately, I did not win the million miles... or any miles for that matter. Some lady did win 30,000 miles while I was there so there definitely are prizes to be won. I won 2 Red Carpet Passes and am still pretty happy with that in addition to the bag considering it's just a few blocks from my office. This is obviously a big production and for the most part, was pretty well run. A couple things to note:
    • There was a Priority Line set up to the side for some blended criteria of current United Elite members / current credit card holders / those aware of the promotion via email or this blog. Luckily for me, the staff member was knowledgeable and asked me how I heard about the event as I got in line and told me to go to the Priority Line. However, there were several others who did not know and were waiting in the regular line. Perhaps in SF and the rest of the events, you can place the start of the Priority Line next to the regular line so that there is one filter point. This would be more efficient and would notify each customer of the 2 different levels of service.... something that you are promoting as a benefit of having the credit card.
    • There was also a nice plasma screen which showed some of the top prizes available which was great for generating enthusiasm. However, there are people who actually care about which bag they get because they actually intend to use them and for some, may be the best prize of all. It would be good to have some display which shows the bags that are available... this would probably improve the customer experience. If it so happened that some bags ran out, you could just take them off the display. At the end of the day, you want people to continue to use these bags as continued marketing for the MileagePlus Explorer card.... not to just grab any bag at a chance to win and then throw them away when they don't win a big prize.
    Otherwise, it was a good event and thanks for putting on the promotion. Looking forward to putting the passes to good use.

6. Travelsavant
    Original Member

Travelsavant Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same event in San Francisco at Justin Herman Plaza at the Ferry Bldg., 8/24 & 25, 12 noon - 7 pm, or while supplies last.

7. bdraco

bdraco Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wish they were doing one in the IAH or HNL area.

8. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Got my e-mail but looks like I picked the wrong day for a hat-trick of doctor's appointments :(

9. DCA Rob

DCA Rob Silver Member

Status Points:
    How cool! Will be there in DC.