Mileage Runs to HNL

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by NDFAN 2, Dec 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. NDFAN 2

NDFAN 2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My home airport is ORD (airline UA) and was curious if anyone does mileage runs to HNL? I have been looking on ITA and I've seen $660-$680. Is there a month that is typically the best time to find a low fare there?

Jett Rink and 8MiHi like this.
  2. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have done two MRs to HNL from EWR in the last 5 years. I found that after Thanksgiving to the third week in December has been attractive along with late May into mid June from EWR. In the past I have been surprised to find few bargains in September/October, but they sometimes pop up as I found this year an EWR HNL September flight that was about the same price as EWR SFO.

3. NDFAN 2

NDFAN 2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you 8MiHi for the information. I will keep an eye out for fares from EWR - might have to do a positioning flight from ORD :).

4. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe you could nest it inside of a West Coast run. Doing one from SJC next month. Routing is SJC-LAX-SFO-HNL-SFO-LAX-SJC. Staying 3 nights to have a bit of fun.

8MiHi likes this.
  5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've done 1-3 HNL trips each of the past few years from the east coast. Fares in the $400-450 range put it at the upper edge of my preferred spend point but I can make it work. Usually only one night in HNL when the fares allow it. Sometimes same-day turns and sometimes a couple nights as required.

6. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will have to look harder, then. The lowest fares I have generally found have been around $600.

7. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    I do see some in late January and early February at $415! May and June are not cheap this year.

8. afakhori

afakhori Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm HNL Based, and there is a great pizza place called "Big Kahuna's" Right by the airport that I'm always looking for a good reason to go to. Touch Base if you guys do a MR here and we'll meet up!