Mileage run - successful failure!

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by timfrost, Dec 12, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had a mileage run LAX-DEN-LAX on American Eagle today to cover the remaining 1073 miles I needed to stay PLT for another year. I was scheduled to arrive into LA Union station at 9pm last night but the train was severely delayed by the weather in California - in fact we spent 9 hours at San Luis Obispo this morning and finally are on the bus to Los Angeles.

My flight was 818am and I called at around 715 to speak to AAdvantage customer service, explained the situation, and he was kind enough to instantly credit my account with the miles needed just as if I had flown. He said he knew we were having weather out there and as long as I didn't try to make a habit of it they were more than happy to accommodate.

I got the idea from you fine folks... Well worth $198 to keep my status rather than outright buying it, which is likely what I would have had to do considering my schedule for the rest of the year. Thanks for the tip and happy flying in 2015!

chaotix, Lionell, jetsetr and 11 others like this.
  2. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Definitely a nice gesture so late in the year when there may be limited options to fly again.

Tom in Berlin

3. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    WN gave me a helping hand one year on a CP,

Sure glad I have Lifetime status with AA,

Glad it worked out.

timfrost, Dublin_rfk and uggboy like this.
  4. pnoeric

pnoeric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Glad it worked out! AA is usually great about crediting miles based on orig itins, no matter how plans change.

timfrost likes this.