Mileage Run pics & AA Flagship First versus new Business class

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by Prior2Boarding, Dec 26, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Prior2Boarding

Prior2Boarding New Member

Status Points:
    I ended November with a bit over 93,000 paid American/ British Airways miles flown in 2014. No way I was going to not let myself make it to 100,000 to qualify for Executive Platinum, especially with those 8 Systemwide Upgrades American offers their elite fliers. I looked into buying the elite qualification miles needed, but at $1,799 it was fairly expensive. So I was l looking for a cheap coach flight from Heathrow to Chicago, New York, Boston or Washington, which would have been enough to just get me over the 100,000 miles flown, and a bit more reasonable at around $1,100. And then British Airways had their “Black Friday” sale (which I put in quotes since it’s not a British thing, but they are catching on… gotta love consumerism). The sale offered roundtrip GBP 1,007 on many of their flights, but in Business class! If I was already going to spend $1,100, what was a few more dollars to fly business instead of in coach? More importantly, a friend of mine had an American Systemwide upgrade he could not use that was expiring early in 2015. It was an early Hanukkah present So for GBP 1,007, or less than the [...]
    The post Mileage Run pics & AA Flagship First versus new Business class appeared first on The Winglet.

The post Mileage Run pics & AA Flagship First versus new Business class appeared first on Prior2Boarding.

Continue reading...