Mileage Run out of the NYC area on Delta

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by alexanderjdeutsch, Oct 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. First timer here looking to secure my elite status for next year. I am very flexible regarding my travels but am looking for a mileage run out of the NYC area. I dont care where I go or how many miles I can earn. It would be nice to not pay no more than 400.00 for the entire trip. I am flexible please help as I have no idea what to do.

rwoman likes this.
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    alexanderjdeutsch,

Welcome to MP - this may be a good start - http://matrix.itasoftware.com/view/help (thanks, JohnDeere19).

What status are you trying to attain on DL?

:)robin

3. Im a Gold Med. right now. Would love to keep it, but am ok with dropping back to Silver Med. This year have been flying UAL and AA a lot and have elite status with them. However, would like to keep my elite status with Delta

rwoman likes this.
  4. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Matrix ITA Software should help in planning. Also, Fare Compare and Airfare Watchdog may help!

Good luck in your travels!

5. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It also doesn't hurt to keep an eye on developments at TOBB's (flyertalk.com) Mileage Run Deals category. Let those people be your extra eyes and ears for temporary deals. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/

And being persistent on ITA does pay off; learn to use the advanced routing codes to your advantage.

Postscript: gcmap.com will give you an idea of how many miles you can accrue, based on various stopovers. For example, I mostly fly from upstate to California, and I've learned that going through Tampa, Fort Lauderdale, or even San Juan gets me the lowest cents per mile (abbreviated cpm).

6. tfd

tfd Silver Member

Status Points:
    All the good Delta sales from the tri-state area are out of Newark. In the last month there's been the following Delta sales:
    • Newark - Portland, San Francisco, Orange County, San Diego for $240
    • Newark - Las Vegas for $215
    • Newark - San Francisco, San Diego, Orange County, Portland, Austin, Las Vegas for $200
    All those last no more than 8 hours. Your best bet for cheap Delta runs is to set some alerts from Newark to some west coast cities.