Mileage Run on Cathay Pacific

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by tpylate, Nov 20, 2015.  |  Print Topic

Tags:
  1. tpylate

tpylate New Member

Status Points:
    I am planning to do a mileage run on Cathay Pacific in the next month, as I'm short on miles to make it to Platinum Executive.

I've had a lot of problems with different One World carriers not understanding the agreements they have with other airlines and this has cost me some miles.

My question is: If I'm flying on Cathay Pacific from Doha, Qatar to Sydney, Australia (connection in Hong Kong) on an Economy H-class ticket that is marketed and operated by CP, will I get 100% of the actual miles flown towards miles needed for AA status?

Thanks for the help. AA has been pretty unhelpful as the majority of their customer service agents don't understand mileage accrual and their partnerships with other carriers.

2. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    tpylate and brodyf like this.
  3. tpylate

tpylate New Member

Status Points:
    It's a little less than $2000 but worth it to me to reach status as it will cost more to buy up.

I originally booked the flight with Etihad and was told by AA I would accrue 0 miles unless it was a flight going to or from North America. This was my concern with Cathay, as I feel like the information on the website is sometimes a bit misleading.

Thanks

4. tpylate

tpylate New Member

Status Points:
    You were right. Not much difference in price. Only about $200 more.