Mileage Run Help Please

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by brucewil, May 25, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. brucewil

brucewil Silver Member

Status Points:
    I never thought that I would ever consider doing a mileage run, but with the upcoming move of US Air to One World I didn't want to lose an opportunity to obtain easy Star Alliance Gold status. In the past my only travel on a Star Carrier was our annual trips to Aruba from Philadelphia on US Air.

I have about 6000 miles that have been credited to my Aegean Airlines account in my first year of membership so far. That has gotten me to Silver. I would like to be able to credit another 10,000 miles to that account to obtain Aegean Gold which I believe can last up to 3 years. As we are planning a lot of overseas travel in the next two years, having Star Alliance Gold would be a nice perk.

Any suggestions for a mileage run from Philly that could help with that goal would be appreciated. Obviously I would like to minimize the cost of the run, but I wouldn't rule out overnight stays in interesting locations.

Travelsavant likes this.
  2. Travelsavant
    Original Member

Travelsavant Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. brucewil

brucewil Silver Member

Status Points:
    Travelsavant likes this.
  4. glynot

glynot Active Member

Status Points:
    You should look at US rather than UA flights as most cheap UA fare classes only get 50% of miles credit.

5. brucewil

brucewil Silver Member

Status Points:
    I found that out almost too late. I had booked flights to SAN for $178. I found out an hour later those N class fares earned zero miles on A3. They voided the tix and refunded all my money. I don't think there will be any mileage runs for us unless we can find enough cheap fares to make it worthwhile. I will just have to be happy to maintain Silver for the free bags by crediting our once/twice per yr Aruba trips to A3.