Mileage run from EVV

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by timmy318, May 16, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. timmy318

timmy318 New Member

Status Points:
    First off, let me introduce myself! I'm new to this game (well, not quite new). I've been flying since I was born and now I'm starting to get into the MR's. I'm currently a Gold with Delta Skymiles but I would really love to get up to Diamond :D! So, what I'm getting at, does anyone know of any tools to find good MR's to just about anywhere? Also, if anyone could be nice enough and find a MR out of EVV. Sorry if that's asking too much.

TravelBear likes this.
  2. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hello and welcome! Unfortunately you live in an area that kinda, well, sucks for MRs....as do I. For me to get even close to what most would consider a good MR (4 cpm) I have to drive 2 hours east to CLT to come close. Plus, I cannot bring myself to do an international MR. If I am there I wanna see where I went. For starters you should be looking at the DL branded Amex card<s>. The assumption is you have your reasons for wanting Diamond. I am a lowly Silver and would only want no more than Gold with DL personally.

As far as tools, the one you may not be aware of is ITA. You have to learn to use it then it becomes your friend, but it's free. Another free one is by a local on these boards and it is located here. These are not straightforward handing you great fares, you still have to do a LOT of footwork.

Just an FYI, one common theme you will hear is "Delta has great product, but they SUCK at award redemption"....ad nauseum. However true it may be there are some of us who just like Delta.

Again, welcome and enjoy!

talljames likes this.