"Mileage Pro" kiosk at ORD?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by TheInternationalLine, Feb 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. TheInternationalLine
    Original Member

TheInternationalLine Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was walking through the middle of the C gates at ORD this afternoon and noticed a kiosk that said "Mileage Pro Station" on the side. It looked like there were some Mileage Plus credit card posters, a few LCD monitors, and a very awkward looking woman standing next to the empty kiosk. I didn't have the courage to ask her what it was all about...

Does anyone know what it is? Just another way to hock MP CCs, or is this something more lucrative like the "wheel or fortune" thing UA had for a while?

2. Xyzzy
    Original Member

Xyzzy Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's an interactive billboard that gives :put codes for free Starbucks coffee.

Renard likes this.
  3. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    Any pictures from someone who's seen this? Maybe "Mileage Pro" is the new "Mileage Plus"

4. PanAm
    Original Member

PanAm Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not sure... my first guess would be another MP credit card trap sales station. Though usually the people staffing those are not shy about shouting out to you, tackling you, and/or hitting you with a taser to get you to stop and sign up! Last time I managed to get slowed down in a crowd and one started to corner me. I said "I've just declared bankruptcy and am headed home to get fired from my job" as I swerved around him...OK I didn't say that but thought of it 2 minutes later. But I did swerve around him skillfully!

You wouldn't think they'd have monitors set up with the credit card deal - maybe it is a new Wheel of Fortune type thing? I'm sure we'll hear more about it if so

5. jason8612
    Original Member

jason8612 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've seen it the other day - it's a booth to sign up for the credit cards, but there is a touchscreen panel offering free starbucks coffee, though since it is on the booth, you will probably get bothered by the rep to sign up for a credit card

Skyvillager likes this.
  6. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have learned that any booth at the airport that has the word 'mile' anywhere on it, is a credit card sign up.
    I'm 7 for 7 on this.

Renard likes this.
  7. Xyzzy
    Original Member

Xyzzy Gold Member

Status Points:
    In other words, at airports we're rapidly approaching the credit card signup booth event h:eek:rizon.