Mileage posted but EQM not incremented

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Morris, Apr 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Morris

Morris Active Member

Status Points:
    Is anyone else experiencing this? Frustrated with all the problems I have been experiencing, I added up the miles I have been credited this year, and realized my EQM was missing 8761 miles. This is either my flight to or from Singapore from Lax. When I called customer service, they said this was a known problem and would be fixed at the end of the month. I am pretty sure the leg that did not increment EQM was the one I had to document to get posted, for some reason it did not post automatically. However if this is a known bug, it seems like a big one to not have been fixed by now.

2. carsonheim
    Original Member

carsonheim Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, i've got the same problems. a month ago they told me to call in a week. two weeks ago they told me the computers were down. last week they told me the computers were down. I'm just gonna hold out for a couple months then deal with it if I don't see any fix in my account.

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been tracking my postings pretty closely since the beginning of the year, and everything's been fine (sometimes with a slight delay).

When you look at

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps/mileageplus/statement/recentActivity.aspx

Can you tell which flight didn't have permier-qualifying miles posted? Or do all flights show correct and just the balance (total) is wrong?

4. Morris

Morris Active Member

Status Points:
    Good idea, why didn't I think of that. Weirdly it is the flight from LAX to SIN, which posted right away. Plus it is pre-cutover (02/03/2012). Doesn't make sense....

5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Since you presumably don't need those EQMs urgently, I'd do one or two things:

1. Print out the statement showing the flight with missing PQM, circle/highlight it, attach a little note (post-it?) explaining in one sentence what's wrong, and send it via snail mail and/or fax to Mileage Plus. Contact info:

http://united.com/web/en-US/content/Contact/mileageplus/default.aspx

2. send a short email to mileageplus@united.com with the same information

Then wait. It will likely take a while (I received a reply from 1KVoice after three weeks, but they did address my issue), but assuming the flight was eligible for miles it should post.

6. Morris

Morris Active Member

Status Points:
    Good idea, will do.