Mileage Plus miles substracted from account [itinerary says waitlisted?]

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by santafefran, Mar 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. santafefran
    Original Member

santafefran Silver Member

Status Points:
    Husband and I have tickets on UA ABQ-IAD-MUC in E+ seats for Sept.
    Yesterday when I was checking our itinerary, I clicked upgrade link and saw that we could ask for upgrades for 40,000 + $700 fee upon check-in so I selected that option which then showed us as waitlisted. Today when I checked the itinerary, it still shows waitlisted but I notice that 40,000 miles have been deducted from my account. Yikes--do they take the miles even if you never get upgraded???

The other confusing thing is that it shows one line that says economy and one that says First (for the ABQ-IAD segment) and one line that shows economy and one that says Business (for the IAD-MUC segment).

My other concern is that we would be upgraded only on the domestic leg and not the TATL but still have to pay miles and $$ just for that. Possible? We really only care about the TATL portion being upgraded.

Neither of us have any status so I thought it was a longshot that we would be upgraded but thought I would give it a try. Was going to try for an ugrade for the return flight when my UA CC bonus miles show up, but now wondering if I made a huge mistake here and if so, is there a way to reverse it?:confused:

2. gpaya
    Original Member

gpaya Gold Member

Status Points:
    Now, is it all on one PNR? If one passenger, for example, is on First Domestic and Economy international, it is still a J award. Your are, in fact, wait listed for the C seat international.

If you do not get upgraded, they will refund the miles and money.

santafefran likes this.
  3. santafefran
    Original Member

Status Points:
    [
    The other confusing thing is that it shows one line that says economy and one that says First (for the ABQ-IAD segment) and one line that shows economy and one that says Business (for the IAD-MUC segment).

?:confused:[/quote]

I think I did figure out the first line says confirmed and the second line says waitlisted. DOH!

4. santafefran
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Whew!:p That is a relief--thanks for replying so quickly before I went into cardiac arrest.:D