Mileage Plus - can't get miles posted

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Shawnaz13, Apr 27, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Shawnaz13

Shawnaz13 New Member

Status Points:
    Hi, I am a frequent flyer and MP is one of my programs. I do not like it since the merging with Continental. I work overseas and have tried for 6 months to get miles posted. I have about 10 flights that are not there. What I really dislike is that online it doesn't show the submission of a request nor any status or update. THey either show up at some point in the distant future or not. I have called and been put on hold for LONG periods of time (I have to pay) and get a MP agent who is indifferent and unhelpful. They keep telling me I must not have submitted them then. It is VERY frustrating. Now they are telling me some of my flights have expired in time for submission (even though I have tried 3x through various means).

Also even though I have 120K this year, I am a "Basic" member with no lounge privileges, or any other privileges...what's with that? They put me premium for about a month before Dec, then dropped me back to Basic in Jan. It's crap.

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did you fly four segments on United or Copa? If not then you won't get status.

As for contacting the company and not paying for the long hold times, try Skype or similar.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  3. Shawnaz13

Shawnaz13 New Member

Status Points:
    Hi, Yes on the Skype but that's assuming I have a decent internet connection (I am overseas). I flew mostly on United partner airlines as that is predominately what they do in this part of the world. What is copa?

4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Copa is a former CO partner that remained on board with the new UA after the merger and serves many destinations south of the US border. In order to get status with UA, the premier-qualifying miles (PQM) or segments (PQS) earned must include four flights* operated by United or Copa.

*Members who hold a Chase-issued Presidential Plus Credit Card or United MileagePlus Club Card are exempt from the minimum flight criteria as long as their card account is in good standing at the time of qualification.

edcho, boondr and LETTERBOY like this.
  5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I find that the internet often works all over the world. ;) If you're somewhere it doesn't then OK, but "overseas" is a big place and I use skype and other services from "overseas" all the time quite successfully. ;)

An airline based in Panama City, Panama which uses MileagePlus as their loyalty program and which serves several dozen destinations in the Americas.

Did the flights actually not post or are you not getting the status you think you should have? If there are specific flights missing do you recall which airline(s) you flew on and what the fare class was on those flights? It may be possible that the flights were not eligible to earn credit in the program.

LETTERBOY likes this.