Mileage Credit problems - useless web site mileage request

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by dc3, Apr 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. dc3
    Original Member

dc3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just when think the new United computer system can't get any worse....

last month I flew round trip from the east coast to California. My return trip home was credited to my account, but no the outbound (which was a week earlier). So I go to the new United web site and get to the web page for "requesting mileage credit for flights operated by United. I put in my new number; my email; and my ticket number. The web page does not ask for a date or flight number. I hot teh submit button and the following response comes back saying “credit for this ticket has already been applied to the Mileage Plus account” - which is not true. Only the return has been credited, but the stupid computer system sees one (1) flight on an itinerary was credited and rejects the credit request for any other flight(s). This needs to be fixed.

PS. I have been on hold with the Premier Mileage Plus service center for about an hour trying to speak with someone. It used to take about one minute to get someone at their Rapid City offices, but the new United has found a way to take forever.

When will they ever get their act together?

NYCUA1K likes this.
  2. Hartmann
    Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are these miles necessary for you to hit your next elite level or buy a reward ticket? If not, take a deep breath. It's going to be alright.

The mileage postings have had their issues lately and I'm sure the Mileage Plus Service Center is getting plenty of calls about issues similar to yours.

Hopefully, over the next few weeks as UA fixes bugs in the system, things will go more smoothly.

COFlyerCLE likes this.
  3. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
  4. dc3
    Original Member

dc3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    ===

I don't need the miles now. But my wife had a similar experience last month as well (and so fa neither of her flights posted, even tho she was upgraded on both so they did have her status in the system). However I really don;t want to spend my time chasing down United's problems. It is easy to lose track of a flight or two if you fly a lot, so I would rather look into the issue now.

5. upgrade

upgrade Gold Member

Status Points:
    Different problem: I tried using the website, which says
    Well, my ticket number is 14 digits. Website won't take it, and the MPSC automated system -- which at least admits that numbers can be either 13 or 14 digits -- wouldn't either.

This merger reminds me of a common phrase that rhymes with "duster buck."

JLSocks likes this.