Mileage Brain - potentially useful MR tool

Discussion in 'MileageBrain' started by neuatomic, Mar 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. neuatomic
    Original Member

neuatomic Silver Member

Status Points:
    Guess I'll be the first to start something here. I've been watching the development of the MileageBrain beta for awhile (www.mileagebrain.com) and am glad to see the issue with AA flights seems to have been resolved, at least for the time being. Hopefully Ben et al will continue to develop this potentially quite useful MR tool (as opposed to the frustrating FT Farecompare - wish that would be further 'refined').

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  2. Thanks neuatomic for being the first poster in our new ConcourseZ section on MilePoint. AA flights are indeed in the system once again. We've been quietly refining things for a couple of weeks but have a fresh set of features to announce in just a few days. Stay tuned!

Ben

edenri, Lufthansa Flyer and neuatomic like this.
  3. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Glad to see it here. This is a work in progress, but has already given me some good matches for MR's I wouldnt have found as easily. BTW Ben, this is Dennis (1967cougar) from FT.

4. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can one of you give a one or two sentence blurb on how you're using this site? It's a MR finding tool, but is that for airline or alliance specific ... what information do you enter for it search?

5. neuatomic
    Original Member

neuatomic Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's a search engine for both true mileage runs (get on, get off, get back on!) and for trips that may involve a stay of a day or more. It's all based on a cents-per-mile basis, with both individual airlines and alliances represented.

MileageBrain and midoriw like this.
  6. Wow. Couldn't have said it better ourselves - Thanks again, neuatomic :) We're excited to add cost-per-segment into that mix too, eventually.

IMGone (and everyone!), perhaps we overdid it on the minimalist look and lost a few people on the way. We'll be adding a FAQ/About page to MileageBrain.com soon for anyone who stumbles on our site and isn't quite sure of what's up.

7. Mjgodden
    Original Member

Mjgodden Active Member

Status Points:
    I really like what MileageBrain is trying to do and will watch with interest as the site develops - good luck with it!

As for a next airport, SYD would be awesome!

Mark

8. neuatomic
    Original Member

neuatomic Silver Member

Status Points:
    Latest good news is that AA is fully functional again after a brief stint, and apparently they've added 75 new airports to the search function, so the total is up to 100. I'm back on board and looking forward to additional improvements!

9. Surprise! We're actually up to 156 now. You can find the latest airport list here in our newly-appointed announcements thread: http://milepoint.com/forums/posts/385092

IMGone likes this.
  10. u600213
    Original Member

u600213 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looks nice but my home airport SGF is not available. Oh well.