Mileage bonus offer available (targeted but you can give it a try)

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by lancexfang, Apr 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. lancexfang
    Original Member

lancexfang Silver Member

Status Points:
    Registration is at delta.com/thankyou. It's 75% bonus of redeemable miles (not MQM), so for Silver that already gets 25%, this adds up to a 'double'. I've been a long time plat with NW then DL but downgraded to a mere Silver in March. So I look at it as a re-engagement offer.

To actually get the bonus, one has to fly 6 segments between registration and end of June. The fine print of the letter indicate that a 'direct' flight with a stop in between only counts at 1 segment.

It's obviously targeted as I tried it with all the family members and not all of them were allowed to register. But the ones that were allowed didn't all receive the letter. So I'll say give it a try - you don't have anything to lose.

2. ShopAround
    Original Member

ShopAround Silver Member

Status Points:
    We are sorry, the SkyMiles number entered is not eligible for this promotion. :(

3. travelinmike33
    Original Member

travelinmike33 Silver Member

Status Points:
  4. travelinmike33
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Oddly enough, right after I posted that last message, I went out to the mailbox and I had a letter from Delta about this promotion.

thrashsoundly likes this.
  5. Italy98
    Original Member

Italy98 Silver Member

Status Points:
    No joy for me or Mrs. Italy. :(

6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Odd that DL is still sending stuff out via snail mail. This must be expensive if they do it much.

7. N670DN
    Original Member

N670DN Silver Member

Status Points:
    Brick for me, success for my mom's Silver account...:mad:

8. travelinmike33
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Just checking to see how this is going for those that qualified. I had a trans-pac trip starting on July 1, so the extra 75% bonus sure was nice.

I'm curious if anyone has seen what happens to the bonus when you cross over to GM. I technically crossed the 50K MQM barrier before the last segment of my itinerary, but I only saw the 100% bonus (25% for FO + 75% for the promo). Curious if this was a timing thing or if I can't get the bonus after becoming GM.

FWIW, my Skymiles account showed as Gold before the miles from the last segment posted (but the other segments had posted).