Mileage accumulation on codeshare flights

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by YULtide, May 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Recently I flew BRU-BJM return on Brussels Airlines, which had an AC codeshare number on it. The outbound flight has now posted to my account and it seems I got 50% status miles. The fare class was T+. Is this normal? Should I not get 100% status miles, or is that only on AC metal?

2. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    YULtide likes this.
  3. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    mevlannen likes this.
  4. Agreed...code shares are all over the map when it comes to Q miles. Another airline to be careful of is TG. Most T+ bookings through to BKK map to a TG "H" fare and you will get no miles on that segment. Its better to take a UA flight on that segment even though TG is much better service wise.

YULtide likes this.
  5. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just a reminder from the distant shores of Vancouver Island:

Air-Canada code-shares operated by Central Mountain Air credit as non-status miles only. No status miles given; no status segments accrued, either. Accordingly, I've changed my home airport out West from Comox (YQQ) to Nanaimo-Cassidy (YCD).

YULtide likes this.
  6. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    50% on LH intra-European flights is pretty common, too. Got hit with that last week again. Shouldn't have been a surprise anyway since LH owns Brussels -- as well as Swiss and Austrian (and BMI, for now). And all that on an antique 737-300 yet!

7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    LH hasn't owned BMI for a few weeks now.

8. True, but I was able to book a *A points trip through Aeroplan just last week on BMI. One can earn *A miles until May 31 and redeem points until August 31/12. BA avios points are also now in place for flights on BMI

9. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I guess the deal closed? I must have missed that due to, cough cough, some travel. :D

2MM_Guy likes this.
  10. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Indeed, that's the headline right there! The tiny 'mouse print' notices buried within airlines' Terms and Conditions have a remarkable way of quietly mutating in directions which are decided non-beneficial to the frequent traveller. One can only conclude that the fine folks from Revenue Management are working their utmost to stay ahead of us.

YULtide likes this.