Mile High Club Attempt Ends in Fine

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by MSYgirl, Oct 18, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/18/travel/couple-fined-oral-sex-airplane/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Apparently, what happens on the way to Vegas, doesn't necessarily stay there.
    A former vintner and a salon technician were each fined $250 for allegedly engaging in oral sex in front of other passengers on a commercial Allegiant Air flight from Medford, Oregon, to Las Vegas.

Christopher Martin, of Las Vegas, and Medford resident Jessica Stroble, each pleaded guilty in absentia in U.S. District Court in Las Vegas to a federal misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct on Thursday, reports Oregon's Mail Tribune.

The alleged act took place on June 21.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/18/travel/couple-fined-oral-sex-airplane/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

I'm traveling to LAS shortly, and this won't be on my to-do list. ;)

2. thesterlingtraveler

thesterlingtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sad that they were told to stop twice and still tried after that. What part of "not here" did they not understand? Kind of glad the guy lost his job over this; I just hope he finds a new one soon so he doesn't become a burden of the taxpayers..

Betty Boop and LETTERBOY like this.
  3. clscholes

clscholes Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone else think that a 250 dollar fine is pretty small...I realize he lost his job (especially when he represents a company when traveling), but what about the kids around them?! I would think a civil suit might pop up with this one...:confused:

bez7 likes this.
  4. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    For only $250, it's worth it. :D j/k

Also, I like the quote from one pax : "this is not the sex education I wanted to give my teenage sons." If your sons are teenagers, I'd bet they have a pretty good idea what's going on.

Flyer1976, kwai, MX and 1 other person like this.
  5. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    In a related story, a nine year old stowaway on his way to LAS allegedly... [oh, you can fill in the rest!]

6. thesterlingtraveler

thesterlingtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yup... parents live under a rock when it comes to what they think their children know.

7. bez7
    Original Member

bez7 Gold Member

Status Points:
    which are worse, dumb criminals or horny morons?

redtailshark and LETTERBOY like this.
  8. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    at least go in the lavatory like everyone else........................

9. The steam generated would set off the smoke detectors. :p

vickers likes this.
  10. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    oh yeah.......................

guinnessxyz likes this.
  11. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    lol Allegiant. Here's a story of mine flying with them - totally unrelated, but I could sense a Mile High Club happening soon.

In July I was delayed 27 hours at the airport from Bellingham to Vegas, First time flying Allegiant, also the last time.

Okay, next day we finally get a flight out. Once everyone got on the plane, six adults, possibly around late 20s, heading to Vegas for one of their friends bachelor party. Takes out their external speaker and starts blasting music using their iPhone on max volume.

This happens throughout the whole 2 hr and 35 min flight, with no attempts to stop them by the flight attendant. They also stood up the whole flight throughout the whole flight besides taking off and landing. Massive drinking, yelling with the girls. etc.etc. Man, too bad turbulence didn't happen.

These guys were situated right in front of me, my blood was boiling until an attendant was nice enough to move me to the front of the plane.

/endrant

12. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I thought only Spirit and Ryan Air charged extra for that?

bigx0 likes this.
  13. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Or, dumb morons or horny criminals?

Anyway why do people even want to do this? What could be less comfortable and pleasant - not to mention more hazardous to reputations via social media outrage - than engaging in carnal relations while flying? I wouldn't even want to do this in the opulence of EK F, never mind Allegiant Y.