Middle Initial

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Tenmoc, Sep 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi all.
    Should the lack of a middle initial on a ticket matter? I know I've flown UA without it before, but it has been a while.
    Thanks

Horse, savydog and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    In my opinion it shall not matter!;)

Tenmoc likes this.
  3. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have never had a middle initial on the ticket and my passport does have it listed - I have never had an issue in my WW travels. So I do not think it matters. Some systems do not even support it merging the initial with the name which can really cause confusion.

savydog and Tenmoc like this.
  4. chrislacey
    Original Member

chrislacey Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I've also flown without my middle initial being on the ticket. I wouldn't worry. Have a great trip!

5. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    I knew MP would make me feel better.

Thanks all for the answers and confirming what i thought.

savydog likes this.
  6. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    My husband actually doesn't even have a middle initial and we fly United all the time. It has been an issue on some other airlines (Hawaiian) because they didn't have all of our information (mileage number, home address etc.) and he showed up on the no-fly list (or I guess he has a name similar to someone on the list). The issue was resolved after about a 30 minute delay- we actually weren't really even told what was going on at the time, the agent took our ID's to the back room, made a few phone calls, and we were cleared. Since then that has only happened one other time, and it was resolved with a quick call to the supervisor almost immediately. I think as long as you don't have a really common Indian or Middle Eastern name you probably won't be on the list anyway. Other than that, as long as your ticket matches your ID, you should be fine.