Mid-Size Rolling Luggage Recommendations Sought

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by healinginfluence, Nov 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. healinginfluence

healinginfluence Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a couple of international trips coming up that will each be 10 to 14 days long. I need to dress for winter climates and I really don't want to be limited to carry on luggage. I have been out shopping and found two bags of interest. One is the Rimowa Salsa Air. It measures 26.8 x 17.5 x 10 inches and weighs only 6.4 lbs. I have to say that both the zipper and the plastic material look flimsy but the salesman says it will standup. The wheels are also small and light. The weight is amazing for the size of the bag.

The other bag of interest is the Briggs & Riley Medium Expandable Upright in the Baseline CX line. It measures 10.3" x 18" x 25 and weighs 10.2 lbs. I like that it expands. It seems very durable. The weight is a disadvantage.

I am also open to other bags. I would welcome the experience and recommendations of others.

2. BuckleandBoots

BuckleandBoots Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm a fan of B&R. I've got a Transcend bag about that size and it does great. The warranty sold me and I've never had any issues moving it around.

I haven't tried Rimowa, but that brand has a following on this board that I'm sure will pipe up sooner or later.