Miami International Airport: Total Access- A New Reality Show

Discussion in 'MIA/FLL/PBI | South Florida Area Airports' started by MLW20, Apr 15, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am a pretty big fan of reality television. For me it started with watching The Real World on MTV. Two of my favorite reality shows are Survivor and The Amazing Race- I've been watching both for years. These days there seems to be reality shows about almost anything- from pawn shops to animal police. (Yes I do watch a bunch of these shows)

I recently heard about a new show being filmed for the Travel Channel that I'd definitely like to watch.
    The show is going to be all about what goes on at Miami International Airport (MIA). The show will focus on what goes on behind the scenes at the airport and follow several employees around.

Find out more HERE

Flyer1976, aptraveler and sobore like this.
  2. Status Traveller

Status Traveller Gold Member

Status Points:
    I love the Amazing Race too ;) .
    I also really enjoy the Australian program, Border Security, but I bet we wont get this new MIA show on 'free to air' TV in Australia :(

MLW20 likes this.
  3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds interesting. Also a fan of Airline.

aptraveler and MLW20 like this.
  4. aptraveler

aptraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    I too have been a fan of the Amazing Race for years, not so much anymore of Survivor though, but this new show about MIA, does sound great. It reminds me of a British show about Heathrow called Airport. it had it's run until 2008, and it was a great show all about the intricacies of what took place at LHR on a 24 hour period! I look forward to MIA then. ;-)

MLW20 likes this.
  5. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wonder if the producers of the new Miami show are just more or less copying Airline. I never heard of it & wish they aired it in the US.

aptraveler likes this.
  6. aptraveler

aptraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Airline was an American TV show about Southwest Airlines, and was originally aired until 2005, but later on you could catch some reruns of it as recent as a year and half ago.
    The British show airport, was also shown here in the US on PBS stations and I believe on the cable channel BBC America. They were both great shows that gave a sense of all the things that happen with people at airports, especially when some passengers wanted to be smarter than anyone else especially if they were running late or were under the influence!

MLW20 likes this.
  7. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ahhh so there were two shows- Airline & Airport. Very interesting. I guess they do not air in reruns at this point...

aptraveler likes this.
  8. aptraveler

aptraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am afraid not. That's why I am excited about this new TV show Miami Airport, which probably will show in the fall. In any case, I look forward to seeing it. ;-)

MLW20 likes this.