MH legs booked via TK: qualifying?

Discussion in 'oneworld' started by tortellini, Sep 22, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. tortellini

tortellini Active Member

Status Points:
    Hello! My first posting... and I hope you can help, please! :)

I have booked via TK the business class EF: WAW-IST-KUL-IST-WAW. Since the legs IST-KUL-IST are on MH metal I will not get any Skywards (which I use mostly).The miles for the other legs are already on my Skywards account.
    I'm wondering if there is any change to get the miles for this 2 flights on oneworld somehow... even if booked via TK? If yes, which airline do you think will accept my request?

This brings me to the next question. Which Oneworld partner do you generally suggest for earning miles? For 2014 I have this 2 bookings, others will follow:

January 2014, single booking at AA
    (on AA metal) MXP-MIA-CUR Economy O
    (on BA metal) CUR-LHR-MXP Economy N

June 2014 Airberlin booking
    (on AB metal) MUC-KEF-MUC Economy O

2. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Because of hefty BA surcharges, I would suggest using AA FFP.

I believe that operating carrier always determines FFP to which you can credit your miles, in your case MH metal... so you can earn miles with MH no matter where you boughts your ticket...

3. tortellini

tortellini Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the reply Mirror74! AA FFP sounds good - but my airberlin flight will bring me zero miles on AA since the booking class is a promotional one. If I use AB FFP I will not get any miles for my AA fight since that is a promotional, too - but I want it all :D...

MH: this would be excellent news. I will claim missing miles as soon as I have flewn my last leg!

Mirror74 likes this.
  4. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Us
    Usually we all do... want it all... but its not always possible... MUC-FEF is only some 1700 miles, but you can still claim those flights to AA, but you will only get 25% of miles flown, i.e. some 850... but your AA/BA flights are much much longer...

About MH, you can use your FFP number upon check in... and miles could be credited to your AA account, since MH is OneWorld partner... but as I understand you alredy took those flights... so you can claim missing miles retrospectively... you should get 125% because of 25% business class bonus...

5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have you met savydog? He looks like your older brother.

Mirror74 likes this.
  6. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    :D:D

7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    In *A operating carrier is the driving factor. In OW marketing carrier matters, too. In this case the TK/MH flights will not earn in the AA program. Here is the link to their rules: http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/earnMiles/travel/airlines/malaysiaairlines.jsp. And here is the relevant text from tthat page:

Mirror74 likes this.
  8. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You are right of course, as a *A child I dont know OW rules very well... :eek:

Wandering Aramean likes this.