Mexico Formula 1 Grand Prix tickets

Discussion in 'Other North America/non U.S.' started by daninstl, May 4, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    So I've got the hotel, the plane tickets, etc. etc. but I'm having the hardest time getting reasonable Mexico F1 tickets for the 2015 race.

Basically the only licensed ticket office is ticketmaster.mx which would be fine but it seems that most of the General Admission tickets got marketed out through a couple of special Mexico bank presale deals. Those cost about $100 each and are limited as the race organizers only seem to have installed bleachers or regular grandstands. The next few levels also seem to either be sold out or have not been entirely released yet. About the cheapest available are through ticketmaster.mx and cost around $600 usd each which is high and might be OK but they require that you pick them up through Will Call more by late August and race isn't until Oct-30,31 and Nov 1. They next tier of tickets in the $3,000 to $10,000 range are wide open of course but I can't afford that for this event.

Ticketbis (Which I'm not sure I trust entirely) has some GA tickets for around $300 usd but seems sketchy on how the ship them. They seem to suggest they can ship them to the USA where I'm at or deliver them to my hotel in MEX. I haven't found the tickets on any other second hand sites like stubhub, etc. All the traditional F1 ticket sites just say the tickets aren't available yet when they have been for sale in Mexico since early March. Weird.

I tried getting Visa Signature concierge to obtain them but they tried for more than a week and could not getting any of the normal priced (sub $3,000) tickets. They advised to wait.

I don't mind waiting but don't want to take a chance on not being able to attend at all or paying way more as it gets close to the event date in late October. It's all kind of aggravating. It would be bad enough if the tickets are all just expensive but any news on how or when tickets are available is hard to come by.

Any advice or suggestions???

2. Student55407

Student55407 New Member

Status Points:
    I'm in the same boat. I have searched the Internet for days trying to find reasonably priced tickets/ general admission (this would be my first F1 race). Like you said ticketmaster.mx and Tickets.F1, gphub all say "not available". I thought I was planning early lol
    I just keep putting in my email to be notified when the come available, if they ever do :(
    Any sites you have registered for for updates?
    If you don't mind me asking how much did you spend on hotel and flight?
    My budget right now is about 2,000 but I figured I should wait on travel until I find some tickets

3. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I redeems BA Avios for my flights and Radisson points for the hotel. I was trying to use some Avios up before the recent devaluation and trying to book Club Carlson points with my Club Carlson credit card 2 for 1 before that also devalues. I think I'm in for like $50 in taxes so far. Now I'm going to get killed on the tickets or not even be able to get in. Sad and disorganized I think. If I figure out anything cheap I'll try to post it here.

4. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
  5. Student55407

Student55407 New Member

Status Points:
    bummer! yea i read something similar the other day but didnt want to believe it. I would be willing to buy tickets from the "resellers" if I could find any (at under $400). Thanks if i find anything else ill post here as well

6. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    The current prices are going up on the secondary market. There are still some higher end tickets ($800'ish) available through the Mexican Ticketmaster but unless you live in Mexico you can't print the tickets at home and it defaults to Will Call only and requires that you pick them up in person from Will Call by the end of August. So dumb. Why are they making it so hard to buy these tickets.

7. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
  8. Boaz

Boaz New Member

Status Points:
    Hi ,
    Indeed difficult to find the regular prices. I got tickets for SPA for 3 days at 380 Euros, definitely not the case for Mexico. I have few colleagues in MX city which were able to buy a 3 day ticket for 350 usd. I can’t find these any more, but been told that I might be able to get a ticket at the ticket box office during that weekend, but will be expensive and I can’t take this risk. Besides, I can’t trust the tickets to be legitimate. Some other ticket offices told me that the supplier might authorize them to sell a single tickets for just Sunday if sells are slow which does not seem to be the case

daninstl likes this.
  9. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just bought my tickets through https://granpremiodemexicovip.com/ and paid $599 a seat for Foro Sol North seats. Not sure if they are very good but I didn't want to wait longer and not be able to get any at all. I also noticed that there are a couple of the IHG pointsbreak hotels available in Mexico City through October 31st as well. I was able to book some Club Carlson rooms with last night free option before they devalued.

10. philatravelgirl

philatravelgirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    For F1 tickets alway good to check out SPG Moments as they usually have some to bid on with meet/greet Mercedes team. I was tempted to bid when I was in the UK for British F1 but the shuttle/transit to the racetrack was a problem for me. Look a few months ahead but seems a good option just in case

daninstl likes this.
  11. TottiTotz

TottiTotz New Member

Status Points:
    Hi everybody. I bought 2 tickets for the race but I wont be able to attend. Those are placed in gold stands. I'm asking 600 us dollars for them, which is the normal cost. I'm willing to send any required info if someone is willing to buy them. You can contact me in whatsapp +524771297037. They are e-tickets so I send via e-mail

12. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got my tickets in the mail this week for the North Sol grandstand area. I'll try to post a follow up report on the race experience in Mexico City, Radisson Flamingos, etc. Getting excited now.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  13. dbyjos1

dbyjos1 New Member

Status Points:
    Hi. Mexican Grand Prix. Is there anyone still on this forum who went to the race last year? Is ticketmaster.com.mx the best place to purchase tickets? It seems to be. Did anyone on here used them before? Please let me know. Thanks.