Merrill Lynch Promotion

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by TheTravelAbstract, Apr 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. TheTravelAbstract

TheTravelAbstract Silver Member

Status Points:
    An investment account promotion offer for Merrill Edge Investment account.

The promotion partner is WorldPoints, Merrill Lynch parent company Bank of America's Loyalty Program, for up to 50k points.

50k WorldPoints.png

WorldPoints has a typical Proprietary flight booking engine with a best case 1 cpm redemption rate

-but-

They can be transferred to Aeroplan Miles at 1:1 ratio. This gets you access to Star Alliance partners and one-way awards (something Delta does not offer).

You can read analysis of the deal on my Blog.

PedroNY likes this.
  2. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nice find, especially if you have a ton of cash sitting around that you can shift around. I wonder if you can cycle through similar to Fidelity, and what are the holding requirments such as TD Ameritrade.

Aeroplan is the program that charges fuel charges on Star Alliance redemptions, correct?

Cheers,

PedroNY

3. TheTravelAbstract

TheTravelAbstract Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am not 100% sure actually. But I believe so.

But don't get it twisted they are not Avios US-EUR psycho levels of taxes/fees.

4. BWIflyer
    Original Member

BWIflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have ML retirement account. I was given Amex ML card. I got 10,000 world points after $1000 spent. But they also gave me a priority pass which allows me to 10 lounge access per year and that is the only reason I have kept the card. Annual fee of $275 is waived every year. I need to look into making use of the world points. Any suggestion will be welcomed.