Merging UA & CO during CO Status Challenge?

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by darrow, Nov 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Hi All. I'm new to this forum but a regular traveller. I have FB Gold, Emirates Gold but only UA Silver and as I am travelling to the US on honeymoon next month on UA I wanted to use the lounges so I applied to CO for their status challenge and was granted Gold for 90 days. I was wondering what might happen if I now merge my Onepass (account says Gold) and Mileage Plus (Silver) accounts? Does anyone have any experience of this? Would UA effectively be Gold or would they simply stop the status challenge on CO? I'm actually travelling to the US on award tickets next month but I guess I can change my MP number to my OP number on check-in to show *G on my boarding pass and get lounge access?

Thanks for any feedback

2. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you merge your UA and CO accounts, then they will both be gold, if you have CO gold.

Neither UA or CO gold will get you lounge access domestically in the US, unless you're flying on an international flight.

3. pfbloom

pfbloom Active Member

Status Points:
    UA will not match your CO Gold while you are on the challenge (at least they wouldn't for me).... only will do the match once you complete the challenge, according to the elite desk.

4. pfbloom

pfbloom Active Member

Status Points:
    And in further checking I've learned that (at least according to one elite desk agent, who checked with her super) UA will not match CO status that was earned as a match. I'm told I will have to wait until MP consolidation time to gain Gold on MP - likely not until 2nd quarter 2012 then. So it looks like I will be booking all my CO/UA flights as CO flights then. This seems kinda shortsighted of them, and as always, your MMV depending how hard you're willing to press it.

5. TrippePanAM

TrippePanAM Gold Member

Status Points:
    From What I am hearing the elites from UA and CO will be combined december 31 and if the higher status is not reflected in early Jan you can call

6. pfbloom

pfbloom Active Member

Status Points:
    UPDATE: appears I was told wrong earlier, as in checking my Award Wallet account today, and verifying with the UA/MP website I now see that my MP status has been updated to Premiere Exec. So the CO Gold status DID finally transfer over to UA eventually, even though it was a status match challenge that got me to CO Gold!