Merging two One-Ways

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by skyvan, Dec 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is special term I aside from "merge" I should use when calling UA to change my two one ways to a combined round trip award. I'm hoping to add on one leg for free but don't want to lose my SIN F seats currently booked. Understand this is a rudimentary question but I'm not much of a UA flyer and don't want to end up losing my SQ seats.

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you currently have two separate one-way reservations then you might be hosed; there is no such thing as merging reservations.

You can change a one-way, adding segments to make it a return trip and repricing it at the new rates without losing the existing one-way portion already booked. But merging two disparate reservations and then adding on a segment is not likely to be possible. If the non-SQ F inventory is still available you should be able to make it work.

3. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Darn...okay...guess i'm going to have to find another way for one of the directions, was thinking of skipping the SQ LAX-SIN anyway, not a fan of more than 15 hours on planes, did LAX-BKK-LAX back in the day and it felt too long. Thanks for the info.