Men's Travel Pants - Cargo / Plain

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by ConsultingChris, Sep 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ConsultingChris

ConsultingChris Silver Member

Status Points:
    Need some opinions on the best Travel Pants for men. I am a minimalist when I travel, so I am looking to reduce my travel wardrobe down to one pair of pants to wear while in transit and 1-2 pairs of black dress pants to wear when in meetings depending on the days of travel.

I have been looking at lightweight wool and cotton cargo pants. Anyone know of any bands that you consider a good price / value ratio?

I have tried the Scottevest Hidden Cargo pants, but they are just not working for me as a travel pant. Might use them when around town, but getting into the cargo pockets on the go is a pain. I was also not impressed with the quality. Had one of the buttons come off after only a few times being worn.

2. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    You may want to look into Tilley Endurables... very good travel wear IMHO... I have many of their pieces and they have yet to let me down. Travel socks, for instance, are guaranteed hole-free for 3-years and I can say they do dry overnight -- great for travel.

ConsultingChris likes this.
  3. ConsultingChris

ConsultingChris Silver Member

Status Points:
    I do have a Tilley hat, but wonder if the cost / value ratio is the same for the pants. Are the cargo or dress pants worth the $130?

4. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have casual pants from Tilley and to me the answer is definitely a yes - IMHO you get what you pay for.

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've got a couple pair of SeV pants and I like them but they're heavier weight than I normally like to travel with. I also find that they show dirt a lot. But they are comfy and I like having all the pockets. Lately I just travel in a pair of jeans and pack a pair of plain khakis. That will cover me for most trips.