Memo to guests: Your hotel duvet cover has been laundered

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by sobore, Dec 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.pnj.com/usatoday/article/1759401?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Life|s

[​IMG]

The white duvet cover on your hotel bed may look crisp and spotless, but do you ever wonder if it was laundered before your arrival?
    One of the USA's largest hotel chains thinks enough people do, so it turned to sticky notes to adjust potentially negative perceptions.
    Earlier this year, the nearly 1,900-location Hampton Inn chain began applying messages printed on sticky notes to headboards that tell guests "duvet covers and sheets are clean for your arrival."
    In other words, the linens, including the duvet covers, are laundered after every guest departs. What the chain didn't do was change its laundering practices; the same policy has been in place since 2006

Read More: http://www.pnj.com/usatoday/article/1759401?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Life|s

mht_flyer, Kalboz, travelpye and 3 others like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Excellent and very effective good news.:)

mht_flyer and Kalboz like this.
  3. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    They've been doing this for a long time, and the post it notes always have the same hand writing on them -- regardless of where you stay which makes it obvious they've been preprinted.

<lol>

DTWBOB

Kalboz and sobore like this.
  4. Mooper
    Original Member

Mooper Silver Member

Status Points:
    A wonderful improvement - thanks, Hilton! Now if they could add a note to the coffee makers proclaiming they've been sterilized since the last time a prophylactic or vomit was in the pot, I'd be twice as comfortable.

Kalboz, sellthesedownfalls and sobore like this.
  5. Jett Rink
    Original Member

Jett Rink Silver Member

Status Points:
    img121.jpg

Kalboz likes this.
  6. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I received this post-it this week in Somerset NJ Hampton.... I thought that message was just for me :) LOL

7. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed so.

Now, if we can get hotels to either wash guess-room drinkware in the kitchen dishwasher or at least make it clear if they do or not, this would be a huge step forward. If I don't see trays of fresh glasses on a housekeeping cart, I assume the glasses are washed in-room by the housekeepers, using who-knows-what, and stay away from them.

A few hotels do properly handle in-room glasses, including the Hilton Chicago O'Hare.

When I was at the MCO Hyatt a few days ago I rinses a glass in the sink, and it filled with suds from residual soap.

Did you expect the housekeeper to write each one by hand? Because they used a pseudo-handwriting font, or as extra proof?

According to the article and the OP, the only improvement is that they now tell us they've been doing it :)

But not urine? :)

OY-JFS likes this.
  8. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Memo to guests: we have left you a post-it saying your duvet has been laundered to give you the impression that it is the case. The actual probability is a crap-shoot.

anabolism likes this.