Melia Hotels and Resorts rebrands loyalty scheme

Discussion in 'Other Hotel Programs' started by uggboy, Feb 22, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    || Melia Hotels and Resorts rebrands loyalty scheme ||

[​IMG]

Another interesting loyalty program which is often overlooked by some.

flyingdawg likes this.
  2. loyaltypointsUK

loyaltypointsUK Member

Status Points:
    Sign up for Melia's programme and you will get 2000 points and a 15% off next stay voucher code credited instantly.

The 2000 points will allow you to book a discounted rate, $50 off 1 bed suite Orlando Celebration 4*.

Only 3 hotels in US, Orlando, NY, Atlanta but good choice South America and Spain/Germany/Italy and so on

1 night stay - so get any travel companions to sign up two to add multiple nights.

IDGflygirl and uggboy like this.
  3. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    On 20-8-2013 I redeemed 6000 Melia Rewards points into 3000 Miles and More (Lufthansa) miles, which posted to my M&M account 4 days later. But, now, on 31-8-2013 those miles have vanished from my M&M account, and there are also no 6000 Melia Rewards points on my Melia account... what the hell? Anyone else noticed this?

uggboy likes this.
  4. Goliath

Goliath Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, the same happened to me, too: 4 transactions from 3 different Melia accounts to 3 matching Miles & More accounts in July and August all got deducted from the respective Miles & More accounts on 08/30/2013 and the points have not been credited back to the Melia accounts. A long call with Miles & More could not shed any light on the issue, they suggest to contact Sol Melia. Various posters on a German frequent flyer forum are reporting the same issue.

uggboy likes this.
  5. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    My friend got this from Melia:

DEAR MR xxxx, ACCORDING TO THE TERMN & CONDITIONS MELIÁREWARDS PROGRAM, THE PROMOTIONAL POINTS CAN NOT BE TRANSFERRED TO OTHER LOYALTY PROGRAM. IN YOUR CASE, THE POINTS WERE THE 2.000 BONUS FOR THE ENROLLMENT ONLINE MELIAREWARDS + 4.000 BONUS POINT TO USE THEM TO MAKE A BOOKING WITH POINTS + EUROS. WE WOULD LIKE TO INFORM YOU THAT WE HAVE PROCEEDED TO GIVE UP THE 6.000 POINTS TO YOUR MELIAREWARDS CARD xxxx. PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT THE 4.000 BONUS POINTS MUST BE USED TO MAKE A BOOKING WITH POINTS + EUROS UNTIL 31ST AUGUST 2013, IN YOUR CASE YOU DIDN'T USE THEM, SO THESE POINTS WILL BE EXPIRED. ACTUALLY YOU HAVE 2.000 POINTS ON YOUR MELIAREWARDS CARD. BEST REGARDS LORENA ARBONA

uggboy likes this.
  6. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The problem is, my friend also bought points (8000) from Melia for 64 eur and transfer them to M&M (4000) in early July... and also those were cancelled... those were not promotional points... :mad:

uggboy likes this.
  7. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe this would help in understanding what the hell is happening here...

Agent / Meliá? Added a comment - 3/9/2013 13:32
    DEAR MR XY ACTUALLY IT IS NO POSSIBLE TO MAKE TRANSFERRINGS TO MILES&MORE PROGRAMM THROUGH THE WEBSITE. HOWEVER I HAVE SOLICITED MANUALLY THIS TRANSFERRING OF 8.000 MELIAREWARDS POINTS INTO 4.000 MILES TO YOUR ACCOUNT MILES&MORE BEST REGARDS LORENA yyyyyyy

You Added a comment - 3/9/2013 9:56
    DEAR LORENA, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. ISSUE SOLVED. BUT NOW I AM TRYING TO TRANSFER 8000 POINTS THAT I BOUGHT (NOT 2000 PROMOTIONAL POINTS) TO MY MILES AND MORE ACCOUNT NUMBER xxxxxxxxxxx... BUT IT IS NOT WORKING, I AM GETTING ERROR MESSAGES... IS TRANSFER TO MILES AND MORE STILL A WORKING OPTION? THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP... xxxx

Agent / Meliá? Added a comment - 3/9/2013 9:21
    DEAR MR xxxxxx ACCORDING TO YOUR REQUEST, WE WOULD LIKE TO INFORM YOU THAT WE HAVE CREDITED THE 8.000 POINTS BOUGHT AND TRANSFERRED TO MILES&MORE. ACTUALLY YOU HAVE 10.000 POINTS ON YOUR ACCOUNT BEST REGARDS LORENA yyyyyy

You Added a comment - 2/9/2013 17:17
    DEAR LORENA, THANK YOU FOR YOUR EXPLANATION REGARDING 6000 MELIA POINTS FROM END OF AUGUST. THIS IS OK AND I AGREE. BUT, MY BIGGEST COMPLAIN IS REGARDING 8000 MELIA REWARDS POINTS I BOUGHT AND PAID (64 EUR) ON 6-JULY-2013...AND REDEEMED THEM ON THE SAME DAY FOR 4000 MILES AND MORE MILES (LUFTHANSA). YOU ALSO TOOK THOSE 4000 MILES BACK, BUT THIS WAS LEGITIMATE TRANSFER TO YOUR PARTNER, AND THOSE 8000 POINTS WERE NOT PROMOTIONAL POINTS!!! I THINK YOU MADE A MISTAKE TAKING BOTH SETS OF MILES (4000 FROM 6-7-2013, WHICH I DID BUY, AND 3000 FROM TRANSFERING PROMOTIONAL POINTS, WHICH I DID NOT BUY) - YOU SHOULD RETURN 4000 MILES WHICH I PAID AND TRASFERED LEGITIMATELY. xxxxx

Agent / Meliá? Added a comment - 2/9/2013 13:43
    DEAR MR xxxxxx, ACCORDING TO THE TERMN & CONDITIONS MELIÁREWARDS PROGRAM, THE PROMOTIONAL POINTS CAN NOT BE TRANSFERRED TO OTHER LOYALTY PROGRAM. IN YOUR CASE, THE POINTS WERE THE 2.000 BONUS FOR THE ENROLLMENT ONLINE MELIAREWARDS + 4.000 BONUS POINT TO USE THEM TO MAKE A BOOKING WITH POINTS + EUROS. WE WOULD LIKE TO INFORM YOU THAT WE HAVE PROCEEDED TO GIVE UP THE 6.000 POINTS TO YOUR MELIAREWARDS CARD xxxxxxx. PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT THE 4.000 BONUS POINTS MUST BE USED TO MAKE A BOOKING WITH POINTS + EUROS UNTIL 31ST AUGUST 2013, IN YOUR CASE YOU DIDN'T USE THEM, SO THESE POINTS WILL BE EXPIRED. ACTUALLY YOU HAVE 2.000 POINTS ON YOUR MELIAREWARDS CARD. BEST REGARDS LORENA yyyyyy

Original request:
    DEAR MELIA REWARDS, ON 6-7-2013 I BOUGHT 8000 MELIA REWARDS POINTS FROM YOU (64 EUR) AND REDEEMED THEM FOR 4000 MILES AND MORE (LUFTHANSA) MILES, WHICH POSTED TO MY M&M ACCOUNT 4 DAYS LATER. BUT, NOW, ON 31-8-2013 THOSE MILES HAVE VANISHED FROM MY M&M ACCOUNT, AND THERE ARE ALSO NO 8000 MELIA REWARDS POINTS ON MY MELIA ACCOUNT... ALSO, I REDEEMED 6000 MELIA REWARDS POINTS ON 20-8-2013 FOR 3000 LUFTHANSA MILES AND MORE, AND ALSO THOSE MILES HAVE NOW VANISHED FROM MY M&M ACCOUNT... COULD YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN? xxxxx, card xxxxxxx

Obviously, very confusing situation, where Melia agent claim that transfers to M&M are not longer possible... but at the same time their webpage is still listing M&M as their transfer partner... :eek:

uggboy likes this.
  8. ericlkj83

ericlkj83 Member

Status Points:
    Free night (for birthday) is only given WITH a PAID booking of minimum 2 consecutive nights (hence 3rd night is free).

Not an outright free stay.

uggboy likes this.
  9. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed. As they say..."there's no such thing as a free lunch"...:(

10. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Now, another relauch has been announced by Melia for their loyalty program: :)

Melia relaunches loyalty scheme with new benefits

Melia International has relaunched its MeliáRewards loyalty programme with additional benefits.

The new benefits are divided into three programmes: “Get Value” – designed to make each member feel appreciated; “Be Free” – designed to ensure the programme is adapted to each individual member; and “Go First” – which aims to make memebrs feel they come first.

Additional benefits include a birthday surprise, free breakfast for a travel companion, free Wi-Fi in all hotels, discount coupons to be used during a stay, priority check-in at the hotel, online check-in, and free access to 700 airport lounges worldwide.

There is also a dedicated mobile app for the programme, which will allow members to earn and redeem MeliáRewards points during the booking process and spa treatments.

http://www.hoteliermiddleeast.com/23875-melia-relaunches-loyalty-scheme-with-new-benefits/