Melia Hotels 12,000 points promotion experience

Discussion in 'Other Hotel Programs' started by dickerso, Apr 20, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. dickerso

dickerso Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi everyone,

I was hoping that everyone could post their experiences with this promotion.
    http://offersmelia.com/euroasia/

12,000 bonus points for opening a new account but it seems that the T+C suggest it may only be applied to a three day cash+points reservation, but it would obviously be optimal if it could be applied to only a one day reservation.

From TOTB, it seems as if a lot of people making reservations with points alone have experienced cancellations, but points and miles reservations seem to be staying intact. Myself, I spent 12,000 points and 56 euro for a reservation at INNSide Frankfurt on June 6th and it still looks safe, I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

2. cc1972

cc1972 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mine is for July. I'll report about it afterwards.

dickerso likes this.
  3. cc1972

cc1972 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I took advantage of the promotion to get a room at the Tryp Lisboa Aeroporto for 9,91 euros and 12,000 Melia Rewards. No problem whatsoever. The room was nice, clean, modern, and quiet. The hotel was just a 3-minute walk from the airport. There is a subway line from Lisbon proper to the airport, so it was all very convenient... and at that price I couldn't have been happier! They have two other properties in Lisbon, but as I had a very early flight I preferred to be close to the airport and get
    more sleep. ;)