MegaDo miles posting

Discussion in 'OWMD (oneworld MegaDO)' started by pnoeric, Jan 31, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. pnoeric

pnoeric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all, just wanted to make one thread as the go-to place to figure out when/if MegaDo miles post. (And I want to add that I'm in no rush and in fact, I'm quite blown away by the generosity of Suzanne and her team in giving us these miles... not trying to pressure them and I don't want this to come across in any way as greedy. Just want to be sure I don't miss anything on my account.)

Here's my situation as of today:

- I've received the 1000 and 2000 bonus miles for my two RT flights before the MegaDo.
    - I have not received the 7500 EQMs for my MegaDo charter flights (in economy).
    - I have not received the 10k miles + 10k EQMs for the MegaDo delayed SEA-LAX flight.

Fellow MegaDoers, are you seeing the same?

SvenVDM, zpaul and SweatShopBoy like this.
  2. Juanefny

Juanefny Silver Member

Status Points:
    PIzzaMan just said on the main thread that the person in charge of this is out of the country until the end of the week, so it will probably be a week or so before we see those miles post. But to answer your question, yes, that's what I am seeing too.

zpaul and MarkUK like this.
  3. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:

zpaul, oiRRio and MarkUK like this.
  4. pnoeric

pnoeric Silver Member

Status Points:

Excellent, and thanks Nick for pulling that quote from PizzaMan over to here. I am in 100% agreement with what he says: like I mentioned in my original post, I'm in no rush and this is not a big deal... I have ZERO concerns that they will post... this is more just a place to check in when they do post.

zpaul, FriendlySkies and MarkUK like this.
  5. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Actually, Pizzaman said that it would be a week before I had an UPDATE. :)

Just trying to lower expectations here. Let's give this some time to work it's way out.

jsm, globalexplorer, zpaul and 3 others like this.
  6. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    Getting the DEQM for a BA flight (which was reaccommodation) from cancelled AA51 is likely outside the scope of the OWMD. All passengers on AA51 which had registered for DEQM should be able to get it. If a BA flight credited to AA account, AA could go through and do a sweep for all passengers - like they did for the 10K bonus, which had nothing to do with OWMD. If not automatic a call may be necessary.

Same for those routed on CO. They should be able to get AA51 credit plus DEQM.

7. SweatShopBoy

SweatShopBoy Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for starting this thread, pnoeric. I share your feelings that while excited about all the EQMs, I'll patiently and gratefully wait for them to post.

I my case, I'll be quite happy if they can get it in by the end of Feb so I don't drop back to Gold as I missed 50k last year (why oh why did I take that Swiss Air flight????)

SSB

8. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Even if they post before the end of February, it won't help your status level unless you earn 50K EQMs in 2012. Even though status runs through end of Feb, qualification is on a calendar year (Jan-Dec).

9. VagabondJim

VagabondJim Silver Member

Status Points:
    SilicicAcid and I have seen the following post:

* The 25K and 10K (RDMs) AA51 mx/cxl customer service bonuses
    * The RDMs, EQMs, and DEQMs for the BA re-accommodation (was ticketed as an AA codeshare)
    * The MegaDo Challenge I bonuses*

What has not posted is the JFK-LHR flight. A quick inquiry (while checking some other things) revealed that it is a strange little beast because of the Komen Upgrade. Being booked in J and ticketed in F caused minor confusion delays (trivial stuff, really) at check-in and this (among other things.) It sounds like AAdvantage Customer Service is on it and knows how to handle this particular issue.

We'll wait peacefully and patiently for the other bonuses...hey, we just got back to a week's backlog at the office -- we understand!

As far as we're concerned, "it's all good." I hope everyone else feels the same way.

Jim

* Oh, I can't wait to hear about Challenge II!

From NYC, Sagy, oiRRio and 2 others like this.
  10. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    And, if unique situations like this don't post correctly, just ping me and we'll get it worked out.

Sagy and FriendlySkies like this.
  11. SweatShopBoy

SweatShopBoy Active Member

Status Points:
    Yup, that's the case... Home airport is LAX. With all the promos plus MegaDo I will hit 50k 2012 EQMs in Feb.

FriendlySkies likes this.
  12. Sagy

Sagy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Full agreement on all counts - what posted and most importantly "it's all good" and "wait peacefully and patiently for the other bonuses"

13. JAbrams72
    Original Member

JAbrams72 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm just wondering and not complaining either way (although I obviously have a preferred option) ;)
    Will the EQM--either the initial promise or the final offer--from the charter count towards MM or since these are being manually inputted, are they "bonus" in a way that won't count?

14. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    We really don't know yet. They're EQMs, though. To my knowledge, any EQMs should count towards MM status. Although, does anyone know if the 10K bonus EQMs from the exec card posted as MM?

JAbrams72 likes this.
  15. ByeByeDelta

ByeByeDelta Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm 400k away from 2MM and need every little bit I can get. Didn't play the CC churn game and wish I had now. Oh well, guess I'll just have to fly (a lot) more.

jrp2 and _kurt like this.
  16. FlyIce

FlyIce Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree, Sagy !!! :)

Sagy likes this.
  17. TheTravelAbstract

TheTravelAbstract Silver Member

Status Points:
    Off-topic but I want to know what the price for MegaDO was? thanks guys.

18. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    1. You should also get the 25K bonus for RT F/J/Full Y travel. It shows as:

01/25/12 EUROPE BONUS - 1ST TRIP 0 25,000

This assumes your JFK-LHR shows and the return can be the BA code share flight (does not need to be AA metal). This was automatic and showed on 1/26.

2. My return flight shows as AA6154 (LHR-DFW).which was really BA193. I did not get the DEQM for the BA flight (as I did not expect to get it automatically) since DEQM applies to AA metal only (operated and marketed by AA). I called and explained the cancellation of AA51 and AA Customer Service added in the DEQM for this. It was not automatic. There are too many different situations - some booked on CO, etc. so you likely need to call AA on rebooking situation on LHR-DFW.

3. My ticket was also screwed up - when I checked in at JFK. The agent (under the OWMD sign) did not know what to do. Somehow - someone at AA changed my "F" bucket coded ticket to "A" about a week before departure and that likely caused the problem. Those that got automatic transfer to BA F class on the return - likely did not have a modified/problem ticket. When I called AA EXP desk in the USA in the middle of the night - AA would not put me in F on the BA flight since they said the ticket would not allow it even though they said BA F was available for booking. Those accommodated automatically in F on BA likely never had their tickets changed.

4. Agree - don't worry at all about the charter miles+EQM or the special 10K bonus+EQM - these will eventually post - these are done manually by AA.

PS - you might want to contact Tommy777 off line about the downgrade. Only 4 of us had problem tickets.

19. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    The domestic portion was $799 for an economy seat. I have the other numbers in an old post somewhere, but I remember that price since it is what I paid. Let me know if you need more info. Hotel rooms were additional.

YULtide, TheTravelAbstract and Sagy like this.
  20. pnoeric

pnoeric Silver Member

Status Points:
    From our very own mommypoints' USA Today blog post:
    p.s. nice to meet you at the MegaDo, MP! :)

21. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    Aw, thanks! I knew I had some more info somewhere. ;) Great to meet you, too!

YULtide likes this.
  22. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    This far I have not gotten anything for the charter. This is a scandal, I can't believe these lousy organizers :p

Travelsavant, jsm, jrp2 and 8 others like this.
  23. alfagirl

alfagirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    You said it! ;)

BTW, there is an article on us in Boeing News Now (I am a Boeing employee), with a photo of group 7 in the 787 cabin and another group in the foyer listening to Junya Matsuda from JAL... I was trying to send the link, but it says that only Boeing employees are allowed access?!@

Sagy likes this.
  24. NYCAdventurer

NYCAdventurer Gold Member

Status Points:
    How about 20000 eqm's for this inconvenience.

25. Jubileesmom
    Original Member

Jubileesmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    Too much gin?:D