meetups

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by kiwi, Feb 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like love the meetups functionality.

I'm guessing because I did not check the box create stream is why no thread posted in the forum (ie it appears in the calendar only).

Will there be any edit functionality? A major reason I didn't use calendars on FT was the lack of editing capability.

2. Mikel
    Original Member

Mikel Gold Member

Status Points:
    They are indeed editable.

3. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sorry I missed how to do this. I couldn't see how to add a thread for instance, or edit the topic/time/date/location of the meeting.

4. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Another comment on meetups. The next 7 days meetups (displayed here) wraps the location if it does not fit on one line. This then causes the day and time to not be shown.

You can find the info lower down the page in the forum, but once it starts getting full with lots of meetups it may be hard to find.

5. Bundy Bear
    Original Member

Bundy Bear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looking at the meet up thread looks really confusing, I guess a whole bunch of new meet up threads has been created and so nothing is in order, is there a way you can put them in some order, or is that what the top box is for.

On the top we have meetings in the next 7 days but I can't get a visual on it. FT was good in that it was an actual calendar,

Should there just be one forum; but everything in the next 7 days stays at the top and everything underneath starts below everything in the next 7 days.

This place is new so hopefully Randy et al don't mind a whole bunch of random ideas being thrown at them.

6. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is really the purpose of this section, and all of us being on here. While you can dream of how you think users will like things, you never know until you get them banging on the system.

7. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is a calendar. Click on meetups at the top of the page.

8. Bundy Bear
    Original Member

Bundy Bear Silver Member

Status Points:
    That calendar colour is awful; green with blue writing urgh.

And can we adjust the calendar; I know in Europe they start the calendar with Monday first it in other parts of the world then Sunday is first, I am sure other places are different.

9. Mikel
    Original Member

Mikel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Meetups can only be edited by the creator (and admins).

Good observation. We will keep that in mind when designing the launch theme. Thanks.

10. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Then I must have been doing something wrong. I was unable to edit a meetup I created the other day.

11. Mikel
    Original Member

Mikel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, we are still in beta, so it is certainly possible this isn't working as we might expect. I appreciate your reporting this, as it will give us a chance to review thoroughly before the official launch.

12. Ohana42
    Original Member

Ohana42 Active Member

Status Points:
    Love the idea of a meetup calendar. Looking forward to using this in the future.

13. chellenyc

chellenyc Active Member

Status Points:
    i looked at the meetup calendar which i like, but i'm wondering if i missed a search function there. it would be *so* great to be able to input a city name/city code/airport code/state/country and come up with a list of next meetups organized by geography instead of just by date. i love the way the site looks and feels though, it's exciting to watch it grow =)

14. flospi
    Original Member

flospi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Two ideas for meetups and a question:
    1) If someone added a meeting it would be great to have a button to "Clone & Edit". There is a lot of meetings that take place on a more or less regular base, so the only thing that changes is the date. My example is the Zurich Stammtisch. We meet at least always at the same spot.
    2) I started my first meetup and didn't check the box for creating a Thread. If I edit the meetup afterwards, this functionality is missing and I don't find the description I entered for the meeting anywhere, so I guess that was supposed to go as first entry in a thread that would've been created.
    3) What is a stream?

kiwi likes this.