Meal Prioritization on PMUA

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by SFOtoORD, Dec 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. SFOtoORD

SFOtoORD Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has F/C meal choice prioritization changed on PMUA? I've not gotten my meal choice on several flights in a row including a full C fare recently. I'm a 1K MM and it is unclear if they are still doing any prioritization. I asked on a flight today and was just told that the cabins are very full of premium/status fliers. That being said, I never used to lose out on meal choice as often as I have lately. Anyone know if anything has changed recently or is changing soon?

2. Black Cloud
    Original Member

Black Cloud Gold Member

Status Points:
    As a data point I was in the last row of F on two UA transcons last week and was told "if you're eating, you're having the [whatever was left]." I'm a 1k and one of the segments was purchased as an A fare.

Reason number 2902093420832 why I almost always bring on board. Even in F.

Mackieman and Lufthansa Flyer like this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I thought they switched to "front to back" prioritization a while ago.

4. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Counting on food on an airplane is akin to expecting to transit EWR without a delay. Be proactive and provide for yourself, thus ensuring that you always have something you want.

jupper likes this.
  5. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
    At least on my last bunch of flights a month ago, there really were that many 3 *** people on the manifest (full fare and 1Ks were both three stars). I wonder if it's just an artifact of it being the end of the year; nobody's status is getting dropped, so the number of 1Ks can only increase through the course of a year.

I know it was rumored on PMUA, but as far as I could tell, none of my flights ever did it so I somewhat question the accuracy of the rumor.

6. SFOtoORD

SFOtoORD Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not really my point. The question is whether the prioritization process has or is changing. Also, I don't usually expect to have to be "proactive" on a 12 hour flight in paid C.

avflyer likes this.
  7. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have certainly had domestic flights recently where I was in the back of the cabin and got what was left over. Incidentally, it matched what I would have picked anyway if given a choice (and I am usually not too picky and remind myself that it's airplane food no matter which meal I get).

But I had those even pre-merger occasionally when the FAs were just doing their own thing.

8. Cuse44
    Original Member

Cuse44 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Last night on my DEN-EWR segment everybody in the cabin had 3 stars (except for me with 4). I was in row 3 and the purser came to me first. I haven't seen this in a while. Usually, they go back to front and ask for choices.

9. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    On a few flights in C have been asked for 1st and 2nd choice, but have always gotten my 1st choice, m last flight in C on the upper deck, flight attendent went from back to front.

10. SFOtoORD

SFOtoORD Silver Member

Status Points:
    What is 4 stars? GS? Does anyone have the priority listing?

11. Cuse44
    Original Member

Cuse44 Silver Member

Status Points:
    4 Stars - GS
    3 Stars - 1K and full fare customers
    2 Stars - Premier Executive and Star Gold
    1 Star - Premier and Star Silver

jupper likes this.