McDonalds To Accept Amex Membership Reward Points – And Why I Love It!

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Oct 14, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Before the rollout of the American Express Everday cards, this decision would have been something really strange – a partnership between McDonalds and Amex to allow payment with Membership Reward points. I mean, who was going to use their Amex Premier Rewards Gold card or Platinum card to earn points and then burn them at McDonalds, right? Using Points at McDonalds But, with the Everyday cards, the target is obviously more for the average consumer with the grocery store bonuses, usage bonuses, and lower/no annual fees. So, allowing people that are earning points that way to use them for food at McDonalds would seem to make sense from a marketing angle. As an another way to incentivize people to use points, during the launch period (which has already begun but will hit all participating McDonalds in December) American Express will donate $1 to the Ronald McDonald House for everyone who chooses to use points to pay. The way it will work is when the Amex MR card is swiped, the... The post McDonalds To Accept Amex Membership Reward Points – And Why I Love It! appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...