McDonald's is letting customers pay with hugs

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by uggboy, Feb 3, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    McDonald's is letting customers pay with hugs

This made me smile. Cheers. :)

2. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    marcwint55 and uggboy like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's actually a pretty good initiative to "surprise" customers in this way. Could spread around the world in a Golden Arches near you pretty soon. For now, it's US only, but under the new CEO who has a marketing background change could "spread" quickly, especially "the love". Cheers. :)

Flyer1976 and WilliamQ like this.
  4. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    After eating Big Mac's for so many years, there is a lot more of me to hug now.

canucklehead and uggboy like this.
  5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Overall it's a good initiative, we shouldn't forget that McDonalds's offerings incl. salads, grilled chicken options, plus water, juices and fruit bags too. Especially in Europe right now they're growing their McCafe outlets which sell wonderful coffee, hot chocolates and bakery items. I hope that McDonald's will deliver in the future options which incl. even healthier offerings, more choices, better service, cleanliness in their stores. We will see on how they develop in the years ahead. Cheers.

marcwint55 likes this.
  6. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    Saw this on the Super bowl, great initiative, along the lines of the Westjet commercial in 2013 (but of course, on a larger scale in terms of numbers and smaller scale in terms of goods).

I remember growing up and a menu item included Smile Free

I once asked if I could get a smile (cashier was having a bad day it seemed), I pointed at the menu board and she turned around saw the item and laughed with a smile.

marcwint55 and uggboy like this.
  7. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have to say when I first saw the title, I thought to get the food free, you have to hug the cashier/staff and they choose who to give the free meals to.
    For a brief moment, I thought of moonlighting at McDonalds during my spare hours (mischievous grin) but then I watched the video.
    Both implementations would do fine I guess... :D:D:D

uggboy likes this.