Maybe a dumb one...

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Rocket, Oct 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. If I am a Mileage Plus member, and if I have a friend who can help me with an upgrade- the basic question is there any way to get upgrades on other star alliance airlines? If I am flying Thai air for example from LA direct to Bangkok...any chance to get upgraded on that flight? Thanks and sorry if I'm such a newb.

Jslo likes this.
  2. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Here is the info. Unfortunately, mileage upgrades require the extremely high fares, that you are really better off buying the discount fare for the class you are trying to upgrade into. Otherwise, you can pray for a random operational upgrade, but that is really as far as it goes.

3. LizzyDragon84
    Original Member

LizzyDragon84 Gold Member

Status Points:
    And unfortunately upgrade instruments like SWUs and and CR-1s can only be used on CO/UA metal flights (not codeshares). UA paper SWUs can be used on some Lufthansa flights, but not with any other airline.

Jslo likes this.
  4. Jslo
    Original Member

Jslo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed. It would be awfully nice if we could use SWU's or CR's on Thai or Singapore etc! But alas, not the case. Hi Lizzy!

Jimgotkp likes this.
  5. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    If this were allowed... I think Mileage Plus would be the best damn program in the whole wide universe! :p Probably would be the end of the world too! :D

colpuck, Jslo and mowogo like this.