Mayakoba Upgrade Strategies

Discussion in 'Fairmont | President's Club' started by whitedoor, Aug 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. whitedoor
    Original Member

whitedoor Silver Member

Status Points:
    Are there any successful strategies when using a suite upgrade certificate while trying to get into one of the beach area or beach front casita suites ?
    Would booking into a beach area casita get you upgraded to the beach area casita suite ? Does using FHR upgrade or Visa Signature help at all ?
    Curious if this is a YMMV or there is anything that is likely to work.

2. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    I realize that this doesn't exactly answer your question, but I thought you might be interested in this Groupon Getaways offer that is out this week:
    http://www.groupon.com/deals/ga-h-classic-vacations
    $300 off of a stay of 4-nights or longer at the Fairmont Mayakoba.

I did a price quote on the TA's website, and it does appear that they are quoting the lowest public rates for the room.

Is this offer worth it's own thread?

3. AndyTLe

AndyTLe Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have yet found a successful upgrade strategy for the beach suites at Mayakoba.

4. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just an update on this. Recently completed a stay here, used a suite upgrade certificate and was placed in a regular Casita Suite. E-mailed the hotels platinum guest manager about getting into the beach suites, was told they were at capacity.

Upon arrival I was told I was upgraded to the Beach Area Casita with a private rooftop pool and terrace.

Platinum manager came by at dinner to ensure that I was enjoying the stay.

YULtide likes this.